How will the FJR hold up to some heavy loads?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got into sport touring again with my 05 FJR. As it turns out, I have a well outfitted DL1000 Vstrom that I must part with for around 4200. The best bike I have ever had. Very good at being a mule! Its on Boston CL if you have interest. Either way, enjoy the ride!

PS. The FJR may end up being the "best"

For the record, I am 6'5, 250 ish and after some tweaking on Strom, 12 hour days were not bad at all. That being said, I changed (alot) of things to get it right for my size. Sargent seat, huge Cee Bailey, and Pat Walsh crash bar/highway peg set up. All 3 Givi racks too. The wife is around 175 and the 2 of us and a couple of days gear was not a problem at all. If your interested, I could tell you all about the world of Strom. Just pm me. I actually need to have the wife give me some feedback on the FJR still also. I only got it last week.

Keep the rubber side down!

Last edited by a moderator:
Me & the ol'lady 400# plus loaded bags and a 300# camper pulled behind. No problems. You do have to down shift a little more in the mountains.