Howdy From College Station Tx

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drove to Georgia to pick up my 2018 FJR back in August have put 6k miles on her since then… I came off of a BMW GSA1200. I can honestly say that for me the FJR is a better bike.
Just wait until you total up the annual maintenance bill!
Congrats on the 2018.

Welcome from the Big Apple and congrats on the new ride. I don't think you'll get any argument from this biased crowd on the supeiroriity of the FJR. Enjoy. (y)

Drove to Georgia to pick up my 2018 FJR back in August have put 6k miles on her since then… I came off of a BMW GSA1200. I can honestly say that for me the FJR is a better bike.

Welcome, from just down the road a bit! You should have been at Yankee's last Thursday: I was with a group of 8 that included 3 FJRs (and one FJ-09) - more often than not, on group rides, it feels like I'm crashing the BMW Owners Association! :)

I've been riding a 2015 FJR since April 2016, but over the past year or two have been thinking of an ADV-style bike, primarily for the riding position (less bend in my aging knees). Of course, the BMW is always in the mix when thinking about an ADV but I'd never ridden one - or any boxer - before taking a short spin on a friend's new GSA last week... and I have to say that I'm very spoiled by the in-line 4!