How's your SO getting to CFR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRGuy

FJR Rally Addict! :D
Reaction score
There are, at the time of writing, 29 Players registered with Pillions.

As there has been some discussion around this, I am wondering how many Pillions are riding all the way and how many may be looking for alternative transportation.

Edit: Remove second question as it was probably causing problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to vote but this is what I got???/

The error returned was:

You did not choose a poll choice to vote against. Please go back and ensure you click on one of the radio buttons next to the choice you wish to vote for

Nope ... She is riding all the way with me! :yahoo:

I'm thinking Amtrak Empire Builder

...if at all :dntknw:

(train wasn't an option on the poll)

You knew I'd be the difficult one ... didntcha Jeff?! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Colleen will be with me for the entirety. She's making me xtra-farkle the bike though so that we can communicate. Bummer huh?

I wish mine could ride but her back wouldn't hold up, it's to bad as she was born in BC and I know she would love the ride. 30 years ago we used to lay down some good tracks? I guess I shouldn't reminisce.

Colleen will be with me for the entirety. She's making me xtra-farkle the bike though so that we can communicate. Bummer huh?

What's wrong hand signals weren't good enough for her??? :lol: 'course she can use them still and talk to you :p

She's not thinking the scenic train ride MN to MT is such a good idea.

If you are planning a bus ride from Calgary to Nakusp for SOs, share the details...

If you are planning a bus ride from Calgary to Nakusp for SOs, share the details...
No details to share yet. If this happens, we'd probable want to plan for a mid-day departure from Calgary to make it to Nakusp for dinner. Look into flights arriving in Calgary in the Morning on Thursday and flying out Sunday evening. We'll need more takers to firm anything up!

If others are interested, let me know!

I ah..... didn't give the SO other options. It's a 600 mile ride for her, and longer than she's done before. So I'm doing some mid to longer rides for her to get used to the bike and will be most likely taking two days to get to Nakusp, even though it's a half day ride for me normally. I might get lucky and have her broken in enough to do it in one day by CFR, but have my doubts. She did great on a 175 mile ride the other weekend though, aside from getting cold.

Jeff,

Mine's coming out from Calgary, planning on leaving here on the 17th and taking our time.

Need to spend some longer days in the saddle for her, but I spent some dough over the winter to improve the ergo's for the pillion (new seat, Laminar Lip, some electric gear), so hopefully she'll be comfortable. Rule #1: you're only gonna have as much fun as your passenger.

See you there!

Other Jeff