• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Found HVMP Extra Heavy Barends

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice addition- really helps w/the vibes issue. I bought a set new from HVMP, nice folks- never saw any used ones f/s. Think I paid around $100.

Is there anything special about the HVMP weights? Other than the weight, meaning special internal vibe dampers or something? There's cheaper out there...

https://www.amazon.com/Bar-Ends-Yamaha-Weighted-Plain/dp/B01EZCMFT2?th=1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1739505691...uN1O6YsBK3fAxo6j6eWVKrFjuN|tkp:Bk9SR7y9h7vCYQ

I really want the HVMP's. Reason is, I had a set of stock Concours 14 bar ends lying around that I tried on fjr FJR that weigh pretty close to what the ones in your link weigh. They did not make a difference, and the bars may have actually vibed more. Not the right weight for the frequency, I guess.

I have had the HVMP extra heavy ones on a previous FJR, and I believe they made a difference. It has been a long time though, so I hope memory serves.

If an FJR has excessive vibration felt in the handlebars, it's likely there's a deeper issue. I've owned both a Gen II and now a Gen III. Neither had significant vibration felt through the handlebars unless the throttle bodies needed to be synced. Never an issue for me on the Gen II. The Gen III had a very noticeable vibration at certain RPMs until I got the throttle bodies sync'd. Smooth as silk now. Still running stock bar ends.

If an FJR has excessive vibration felt in the handlebars, it's likely there's a deeper issue. I've owned both a Gen II and now a Gen III. Neither had significant vibration felt through the handlebars unless the throttle bodies needed to be synced. Never an issue for me on the Gen II. The Gen III had a very noticeable vibration at certain RPMs until I got the throttle bodies sync'd. Smooth as silk now. Still running stock bar ends.
Not excessive vibes, just bad wrists. Need to mitigate the small amount of vibrations there are.

BLACK BAR END WEIGHTS-1.jpgEither is fine. Just need the "Extra Heavies.
Here's what I have. Black bar end weights. Not HVMP, each one weights 15.3 ounces. I have a polished chrome set that's a little chewed up on the ends. I didn't bother to take them off the bike (also not HVMP) suspect a similar weight to the black set. $75 for the pair delivered. Please let me know if you want to proceed. PM me for paypal info.BLACK BAR END WEIGHTS-2.jpg

Here's what I have. Black bar end weights. Not HVMP, each one weights 15.3 ounces. I have a polished chrome set that's a little chewed up on the ends. I didn't bother to take them off the bike (also not HVMP) suspect a similar weight to the black set. $75 for the pair delivered. Please let me know if you want to proceed. PM me for paypal info.

Thanks but I ordered a set of the HVMP's.