I Christened Her Today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bikes are like wives in a lot of respects. ^_^

I figured if I was going to have to look at her every morning, I had better pick a pretty one. <_<

Pay for the fix or you will regret it every time you have to look at her... er, it. I did, and I don't regret it.

B)

So I put 150 miles on her today after Paul and I stayed up late last night carefully installing my new PCIII. Only two words can describe my feeling on the bike today....

HOLEY SCHNIKES!!!! :evilsmiley03: :evilsmiley03:

I always read posts on here with folks complaining about throttle response, etc. and then would see Skooter's and others comments to just get a PCIII. :rolleyes: I had a PCIII on my SV650 and it added a few ponies but nothing real drastic. I really am astounded at the difference it made on my FJR and somewhat pissed at Yamaha :angry:

How could they build such a beautiful bike with an amazing powerplant, only to have a bike that is very difficult to ride stock? Its a crime, like these engineers designed this jet engine of a motor and when the lawyers got a hold of it we got this sputtering bucking bronco. Needless to say from my words here you can see how happy I am now :D :D :D

I was using the "stock" setup map w/ O2 disconnect and couldn't believe how silky smooth it was all over. On the freeway, I hit the 4k buzz area...gone :) then I got stuck in 3rd gear on a slow hairpin, no problemo, engine didn't sputter or buck, just pulled me thru the turn. Also the most scary moment of all (and maybe my riding career), I'm accelerating after an apex of a long right-hander and I hit a puddle of oil (don't ask me why so much oil is on the road, but there has been some activity in the past with oil on the road from locals who hate motorcycles) I felt the rear wheel starting to slide out (dirt-track style) and I really thought I was going down. Somehow I got the bike upright heading towards the empty oncoming lane and was able to recover thanks to the traction control on my PCIII :D :D Just kidding, I don't know if the PCIII saved me there but I believe I applied smooth constant throttle which may not have been available before in my moment of panic.

So again I love my bike now :p :p Its what I always wanted it to be and the engine is the jet engine I thought it was, I'm still pissed at Yamaha. I think those engineers own part of Dynojet, because every STOCK FJR1300 should ride like this.

Okay sorry enough gloating about my bike, I'm going downstairs to sleep next to it now and ponder trying the Wally's smoothness map, but its already smooth...hmmm.....maybe better gas mpg? ..can't wait to try

-jen

Happy for you, Jen! It is wonderful that you've found Nirvana with your ride finally.

It does suck that each owner has to finish the setup of the fuel delivery system like you've just done. Shame on MammaYamma, but good for you for sticking with it to a successful conclusion. :drinks:

Keep riding safely!

Don