I got some new shoes!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myboyhay

Reaction score
I've had my 03 since Nov. and have put about 3k on it. This is my first bike and it has been a blast, but let me tell you this weekend I put new tires on her and Hell yeah! The bike feels likes it's 100lbs lighter, and now it just skates with the slightest persuasion. Slow speed maneuvers are no longer a chore either. Cant wait to carve up the BRP in a couple of weeks! The spring weather is finally approaching!

- :yahoo: Cheers

I've had my 03 since Nov. and have put about 3k on it. This is my first bike and it has been a blast, but let me tell you this weekend I put new tires on her and Hell yeah! The bike feels likes it's 100lbs lighter, and now it just skates with the slightest persuasion. Slow speed maneuvers are no longer a chore either. Cant wait to carve up the BRP in a couple of weeks! The spring weather is finally approaching!

what tires did you buy

ive got a 2010 with metzlers on it and i gotta say im not real happy with them

what tires did you buy

ive got a 2010 with metzlers on it and i gotta say im not real happy with them
Pilot Road 2's... :clapping:

I don't know how much carvin you'l be doing on the BRP. The speed limit is a little restrictive along with the critters jumpin out at ya. New skins do make a big difference thats for sure.

Dave

My question is.....what tar did you take OFF? I have an '03 w/ Dunlop 220/205 and feel 'ok' in turns and stable on straights. Just a question to clarify the change in tars. I'll be changing them soon.

I replaced the Roads for Road 2's. However the bike needed a rear tire from the time I purchased it and the front tire was feathered from a poorly set up suspension. The bike just always felt a little heavy...but no longer. I made my purchase based on a large consensus from this board, and the fact that my LBS was running a sale.

I got almost 10k out of my 1st set of PR2's and loved every mile. I always ride 2up and we've had some nice trips as well. Especially like them in the rain.

Just got my second set of PR2's. I like the $235.00 and free shipping from DerbyCycles.net. My local shop wanted to charge me $275 for the rear and $235 for the front. Good thing I wasn't born yesterday! :rolleyes:

I got almost 10k out of my 1st set of PR2's and loved every mile. I always ride 2up and we've had some nice trips as well. Especially like them in the rain.Just got my second set of PR2's. I like the $235.00 and free shipping from DerbyCycles.net. My local shop wanted to charge me $275 for the rear and $235 for the front. Good thing I wasn't born yesterday! :rolleyes:
Did you install them yourself or did your local shop? if so what did they charge? My shop had a sale, $245 for the set but it cost $99 to install. That seems a little steep.

-c

I've had similar results my my new set of PR2. I'm not sure how much to attribute it to new round profile tires..or that I replaced some Storms that had more cupping than a Victoria Secret's Fashion Show