I hate hurricane weather!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, as rushes says, it is still raining in the Ozarks. I have a good picture of most people's perception of Florida, but have yet to figure out how to copy to here. I'll get it one of these days...

As far as the perfect place to live, in the saddle of the FJR!!!

You can ride all year in Louisiana except when the big winds are blowing. Gustav just passed by us and we made it great. A little east of us there was a lot of damage.
BR sucks right about now! No power for 3 or 4 weeks., no gas, and a little bit of looting just to make it fun.

I just love hurricanes.

Hanna will be pulling off the moisture here in FL. Should a have a few perfect riding days, just as I get the long weekend off!

Just couldn't stay away from this thread.

The stats about the '04 hurricanes in Fla helped me remember a map a friend of mine put together.

Guess where I live/work?

lakeland.jpg

You can ride all year in Louisiana except when the big winds are blowing. Gustav just passed by us and we made it great. A little east of us there was a lot of damage.
BR sucks right about now! No power for 3 or 4 weeks., no gas, and a little bit of looting just to make it fun.

I just love hurricanes.

Hey, we had some "evacuees" from NO up here at the local post. They come to town and get arrested for shop lifting at the Wal Mart store, I guess in NO shop lifting is a sport, here they arrested them. They were shocked!!! Dumbasses. They should have been here for the Cuban Relief when the Ark State Troopers opened fire on the cubans....even the Feds were shocked that someone would actually use a shotgun at long range to pepper their asses back to the post...

TS Fay sat on us for awhile & we got about 10 inches of rain. Then, like Montezuma's revenge, she struck again a little over a week later: standing water led to the mother of all mosquito crops. (I personally lost at least a quart of blood while camping over the Labor Day weekend.) Those of you getting dumped on by Gustav, start stocking up on skeeter repellent now. The rest of us need to invest in S.C. Johnson & Son stocks.

The stats about the '04 hurricanes in Fla helped me remember a map a friend of mine put together.

Guess where I live/work?

lakeland.jpg
X marks the spot. You didn't do anything to incur divine wrath, did you?

Guess where I live/work?

lakeland.jpg
X marks the spot. You didn't do anything to incur divine wrath, did you?
Probably from spending too much time on www.fjrforum.com when I should be working. :)

The rain finally pushed through my area, And we ended up with 11" here... We DO NOT need the rain anymore... Our dams are at 100% since this spring

Hey, we had some "evacuees" from NO up here at the local post. They come to town and get arrested for shop lifting at the Wal Mart store, I guess in NO shop lifting is a sport, here they arrested them. They were shocked!!! Dumbasses. They should have been here for the Cuban Relief when the Ark State Troopers opened fire on the cubans....even the Feds were shocked that someone would actually use a shotgun at long range to pepper their asses back to the post...
Sport, way of life or something, but they certainly do feel entitled to do whatever they want. I stayed at a hospital in northern Louisiana during Gustav where the S.O. was working in the ER. She had to have a couple New Orleans evacuees arrested for getting unruly. There wasn't anything that really set the woman off, she apparently just wanted to act childish.

That's one city I wouldn't miss if it went away.

Well, all's well that ends well. Skies are clearing out, temps are forecasted for low to mid 80's, cooler just up the hill towards NWA. Skeeters will be out in full force, so will have to wash the bugs off Sunday evening...All the rain in August and early September should translate into a beautiful fall in late October!!!

And my group wants to ride down to Texas Hill Country and the races in Dallas in early November, oh, the sacrifices I must make for friends. Let's tally that up, NASCAR, beer, Shiner, beer, German food, beer. To have a friend, you must be a friend. :lol: