I once had.......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would kill to have this back (well, maybe not kill, but certainly maim)...
IMG_0528.jpg

TWN,

That sure looks a lot like My FJR's garage buddy right now.

Here's a pic of mine after adding a Givi shield, and hardbags and a Staintune exhaust:

2137327720098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

But for the bikes I wish I still had? I guess I miss this one the most:

2304829050098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

That thing was cherry... But mostly I loved it 'cause I rode it all the time with my son on his:

2888147740098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez, more CBX's. Now you guys are gonna have me up and shopping!

cbx2.jpg
I had an '82 CBX just like this. (Buy the way, thanks for letting me steal your photo.) I bought it new in "85, dealer had 6 in stock, said Honda found a bunch in a warehouse they didn't know they had. Leftover price was just $2995, about half what they sold for originally.

Super sexy bike, sound and go were something else. But so was the lack of comfort, at least for me. Seat, bars, suspension, were all wrong. sold it 3 years later with only 3200 miles for $2800. Not a scratch on it.

With today's aftermarket, I would love to have that one back and, with a few farkles, it would make a sharp sport tourer.

Also would love to get back my '70 Kawasaki Mach 3. Now that bike was, um, different. I swapped it even for a '70 CB750, which, tho not as exciting, I must admit was a much better all around bike.

1978 Husqvarna CR-390. Sorry-ass Bing carb hard to start hot or cold, but would wheelie in all gears but #6. Throttle had only 2 positions: wide-f---in open, or off. I rode white-knuckled for 2 years. Had nightmares for months after selling it.
+1 on the Husky 390, Phil. I loved that bike, even though it was too much bike for me. I was faster on my friends RM125, but it wasn't as much fun.

I got my first street bike when I was 15 y/o... a Triumph Daytona 500. It could kick Vespa's azzez. :lol:

TriumphDaytona500.jpg

Wish I still had my 1998 Kannon with its 325 hp Ford 5L V8. There were approx 25 made with the 5L Ford engine. It had SVO heads, a Demon 750 Race carb and a single speed auto tranny. It looked a lot better, IMO, than a Boss Hoss and was so simple to ride. Had the looks and the speed. Too bad the dog that ran out in front of me and the Oak Tree that grabbed it didn't feel the same way. Its been 2 years since that 50 mph "get off". I think I'll stick with sane bikes like the FJR.

Stumbled across this thread.

I've also owned a lot of bikes but there are two I really miss.

I had an '82 RD350LC that I 'd still own today if someone else hadn't wanted it more and stolen it - Right from the lane beside my insurance broker's office building.

I parked the bike, went into the office, dropped off appraisal papers for an old 'vette I was restoring at the reception desk and went back out to find an empty spot in the line of bikes where I'd left it.

It may be nostalgia (doesn't everything remembered get better as time goes by) but I recall it as smooth, quick, light and it handled like it was reading my mind - reacting as or before I even knew what I wanted to do.

The other bike was my first ... A Honda z50. Gutless wonder pocket bike that was my intro to motorcycle ownership.

It was in bad shape when bought. Had holes in the tyranny covered with stickers was stick in 2nd gear. torn seat ...

but I was young and desperate and had to have it. Fixed it up better than new. My now long gone grandfather who was an expert upholsterer recovered the seat in what seemed like impenetrable material that matched the red paint.

I'd like to have it back if only as a memento of him.

I don't have to wish I still had a RD400, as I have 2 now. Both 78's, one runs, the other for parts(both rods outside the motor). Haven't rode it for 2 years now, but last time it still was a blast.

I don't know if I miss it so much but I would like to have it again so I could sell it.

m2.jpg

It's a 1944 45 cu. in. Harley, my first motorcycle.

Mac