"I want you to enjoy your bike."

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read your post this morning and it has been on my mind all day. Kept mulling over what thoughts to convey, what words to use. Maybe not just write at all. Nothing seemed right. I'm very sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
mcatrophy

However this plays out, please remember that your many friends here are feeling your pain and wish there was something that we could do for you...

Hopefully, your bride will have a chance to have some time to say good-bye to family. Talk, tell some stories and say the things that need to be said.

I hope she gets to go home for a little while with pain under reasonable control. Some semblance of normality for a few weeks would be wonderful - some time to digest the situation and focus on the remaining days rather than the inevitable end.

When the end is near, I hope she passes quickly - lingering in pain or having no lucidity due to drugs is no favour to her or the family.

You're not exactly a spring chicken so TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!

You may feel guilty about it but take some time (as needed) to maintain your body and your sanity. Eat, get some sleep from time-to-time and remember the decades of good times together.

Hang in there!!

This is terrible news. I'm so sorry to read about this. I hope she is comfortable and I hope you enjoy what time you have left.

One day at a time, my friend. Take good care.

MCATrophy, sending good juju your way. Your time with her will be etched in your memories, and your friends here will be there when you need. Prayers and thoughts to you and your family.

Wow, I'm just so sorry Mac. Please don't ever feel like you can't vent here if you feel like it might help. Hoping for the very best course of things for both of you and your whole family.

As I read this through my tears got hot and my coffee went cold. Nothing I can type here will convey how sorry I am for you sir. I can only echo what so many others have typed so eloquently, we are here to support you and we are your friends. Just because we have never lifted a pint together does not mean we don't "know" you. You have posted information that has been used by folks halfway around the world from you, your words and your goodness has helped more folks through this forum than you can ever imagine. I wish we could do the same for you.

As Fred stated, at least you have a chance to share some last moments, you have time to share your feelings and your hopes.

I will add to what your wife told you. I want you to enjoy your bike. When your wife is gone, do not crawl into a hole and hide. Please keep living.

So sorry to hear this. I couldnt imagine being in that situation. I wish yall all the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit Mcatrophy. I'm honestly at a loss for words. Others have already said what I'm feeling. I'm very sorry. I'm also happy that you two have had so much good time together and love each other so much. That can be hard to find. I wish we could do more.

As much as we all wanted to read something other than this I guess the choice isn't ours to make. Truly sorry and saddened to hear of this.

So, so sorry Mac .... there's nothing more we can add that hasn't already been said.

We wish you both the strength to get through this. Lean on as many shoulders that are offered, including digital ones.

In so many of your posts mcatrophy you've talked of your wife in such a loving manner. It's no wonder why so many of us share to some small degree your heartache. You've always made her out to be such a neat gal, and I trust that she truly is.

It's hard to fathom the depth of impending loss you must be feeling, but I'm inclined to think you are also feeling just how truly blessed you have been for all these years that you two were the best of friends. I am sure she feels, to some degree, comfort knowing you'll be by her side.

I have tried for the last few days to come up with some words that would help to ease your heart throught this time, I am unable to find them. I am so sorry to hear the news. Like all the others, we are here, in whatever capacity we can be, for you.

I too, enjoy reading the loving words you share with us about your wife, and that makes the news a shared burden for us all.

May your time be full of cherished memories.

Greg

Our thoughts and prayers are with both of you. At a time like this there is so little we can say to help other than to say how sorry we are.

Latest posts