IBA Mile Eater

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony,
I am trying to find a way to ride the 100CCC The Hard Way next year and may it will work out that I do the 50CC THW with you and then double back to New York after a couple hours rest. Would you be interested in attempting that, it is like 4 BBG's.
I'm looking to do this ride too - well, the 50CC THW. You are talking about the one Jim Puckett is putting together?

Of course, in for the UCCC also; what's the update on that? I know Fairbanks June 17, correct?

U.S. 50 officially terminates on the west side of Sacramento where it merges with I-80. This sign is on at the intersection looking eastbound. A similar sign is in Ocean City MD.

ca_ws_to_ocean_city.jpg

Tony,
I am trying to find a way to ride the 100CCC The Hard Way next year and may it will work out that I do the 50CC THW with you and then double back to New York after a couple hours rest. Would you be interested in attempting that, it is like 4 BBG's.
I'm looking to do this ride too - well, the 50CC THW. You are talking about the one Jim Puckett is putting together?

Of course, in for the UCCC also; what's the update on that? I know Fairbanks June 17, correct?
Jim, Joe and I are riding the September 50ccTHW (Yes, with Jim Puckett)

My first ride is evolving little more detailed now. There is a ride called "East Coast 2k" (48 hours) then "Sunrise to Sunset"

Then Fairbanks for dinner, Then Haul Rd. 1000, and down to Red Lodge…

In doing a little poking around/planning, I think I am going to do the Heaven to Hell ride after NAFO. Sunday after NAFO I am planning on riding to the Colorado Springs area to shack up before the ride in a cheap motel in Manitou Springs. After completing the ride I plan on going over to Pahrump NV for a shower and a cot, (probably a cocktail as well) then its a just hop, skip and jump home.

I saw another rider that completed the ride from Mt. Evans, Colorado instead of Pikes Peak. This intrigues me, because it purports to be 'North Americas highest auto road' and if ridden over Independence pass and through Ely Nv, should still earn Gold Status, and seems to be more in the spirit of the ride, highest to lowest. https://goo.gl/maps/Pc5bSEBcyYS2

So my plans might be this route instead, but I am still planning on doing the ride after NAFO.

Last edited by a moderator:
In doing a little poking around/planning, I think I am going to do the Heaven to Hell ride after NAFO. Sunday after NAFO I am planning on riding to the Colorado Springs area to shack up before the ride in a cheap motel in Manitou Springs. After completing the ride I plan on going over to Pahrump NV for a shower and a cot, (probably a cocktail as well) then its a just hop, skip and jump home.
I saw another rider that completed the ride from Mt. Evans, Colorado instead of Pikes Peak. This intrigues me, because it purports to be 'North Americas highest auto road' and if ridden over Independence pass and through Ely Nv, should still earn Gold Status, and seems to be more in the spirit of the ride, highest to lowest. https://goo.gl/maps/Pc5bSEBcyYS2

So my plans might be this route instead, but I am still planning on doing the ride after NAFO.
I was also interested in this route. As time gets closer the plans will become more focused.