IBR 2023 registration

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll know eventually. Some people on FB went nuts and announced their making the cut (in spite of the notice letter ALWAYS saying to be low-key until the Rally Mistress says it's okay).

We'll know eventually. Some people on FB went nuts and announced their making the cut (in spite of the notice letter ALWAYS saying to be low-key until the Rally Mistress says it's okay).
I can’t tell you how many fjrs will make the cut, but I know that there will be one less fjr on the start line (me!) Can’t play if you didn’t apply and get drawn!
In my opinion, the low key of announcing whether you made it in is a recommendation, not necessarily a requirement. I understand there are a lot of disappointed folks out there that did not get drawn. Also, there seems to be many more people freely announcing it this time.

I can’t tell you how many fjrs will make the cut, but I know that there will be one less fjr on the start line (me!) Can’t play if you didn’t apply and get drawn!
In my opinion, the low key of announcing whether you made it in is a recommendation, not necessarily a requirement. I understand there are a lot of disappointed folks out there that did not get drawn. Also, there seems to be many more people freely announcing it this time.
Make that two less. Gonna feel weird next year after having run 3 straight.

Some people have announced they made the cut, has anyone stated the start location of the rally yet ??

I don't ride in the rally myself, but the rally is one of my yearly rides for the last ten years, I just go to support and hang out with all the guys for the start of the rally, depending on where it is I try to get their for the final and the banquet too....

So I'm looking for the starting point, anyone have that information yet...

the start/finish is rumored to be in the NE somewhere. I don't think they have released the exact location yet.

Some people have announced they made the cut, has anyone stated the start location of the rally yet ??

Nope. Those riders can share if they have been or not, but organizers will only share details to the public when or if they want to. And they have not to date. I don't know details myself either and only remember a start-in-the-east rumor.

Monitor the IBA Forum for the first announcement.

I don't ride in the rally myself, but the rally is one of my yearly rides for the last ten years, I just go to support and hang out with all the guys for the start of the rally, depending on where it is I try to get their for the final and the banquet too....

Riders who are selected are specifically told NOT to share this info until after the IBA releases it publicly. There have been problems in past rallies when locations got released and lead to certain bonuses being blocked after crowds showed up.

Iron Butt Rally, June 19th start in Pittsburgh by the airport and end back in Pittsburgh on June 30th, I assume the Marriot hotel by the airport

Check point Tulsa, Ok on wednesday the 21st and checkpoint in Greenwood Village Denver, Co on Saturday the 24th

It's my understanding that Kneebone always wanted the IBR to run in June to maximize the number of daylight hours. With the fiscal year for the City of Chicago ending on June 30, this was never an option until he retired.

IIRC, the IBR has run in June since 2013.

Why so early? They used to start in August.
Since 2011 they moved the IBR start to the end of June. I had to make a choice of running the Utah 1088 or the IBR. That one I did the Utah 1088....and Chalmers sent us to the IBR starting line in New York as a huge bonus.

Some confused looks by people at the starting line in Buffalo as I rolled in and stayed about 10 minutes.

Goes to show that reading everything as "after-action reports" (instead of trying to keep up real-time) seems to have softened my "focus" on some of the details.