IBR bike casualties

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... our Anonymous Book issued to us each year by BMWMOA has listings worldwide that allow us to contact other Beemer owners while out on the road for assistance. Saw my friend John obtain a crankshaft for a R80/GS while we were in Oaxaca, Mexico two decades ago by using THE BOOK!
Adios, Chuy
We FJR owners actually have something like this going (thanks to GYPSY of Nova Scotia)...we have the FJR assistance directory. Some members on this list don't check the forum often so it's best to bring the list on trips. We have ~222 people on the list which ain't too shabby for such a baby of a list (compared to the Beemer Book).

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
We FJR owners actually have something like this going (thanks to GYPSY of Nova Scotia)...we have the FJR assistance directory. Some members on this list don't check the forum often so it's best to bring the list on trips. We have ~222 people on the list which ain't too shabby for such a baby of a list (compared to the Beemer Book). :)
I carried a print out of it in my rally book and take it with me anytime I cross state lines. Looks like Mike Evans, so far, is going to be the top FJR rider. Go Mike and Matt and Tom and Alan and everyone else!!

dougc

I do not know Bob, but I have a stock stator he can have to get him home. I will install it for free, only thing we would need is a gasket. If the bike is not ridable I could pick it up after work and take it to my shop for repair. Doug/Dale can you get this message to him for me, you both have my phone #. Smitty
I just called Bob's room and read your post as a message. Evidently he was not in at the time. If I don't hear from him shortly I'll give another call.

dougc

We FJR owners actually have something like this going (thanks to GYPSY of Nova Scotia)...we have the FJR assistance directory. Some members on this list don't check the forum often so it's best to bring the list on trips. We have ~222 people on the list which ain't too shabby for such a baby of a list (compared to the Beemer Book).

:)

Never heard of the directory. How do we add our names and get a copy ?

Dear OrangevaleFJR, boogahboogah and dougc,

Thank you very much for making me aware of the FJR Assistance Directory. I will contact Gypsy today and make myself available for assistance from the State of Arizona. Since I ride mi motocicleta into Mexico a lot (just ask SkooterG and vectervp1) I will also list myself as providing assistance for the State of Sonora, Mexico; this would include the popular tourist destination of San Carlos. My Jeep Liberty Diesel can transport a motorcycle trailer and I speak Spanish, so I'd be glad to help out. Just a reminder, I am leading a dozen riders to Mexico's Copper Canyon on October 5, listed here under Southwest.

Sincerely, beemerdons

Home: 480-917-3863

Last edited by a moderator: