IBR bike casualties

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You beemers guys really know how to kick a man when he's down..... ;)
Image from the AdvRider thread on this incident.... too funny.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I missed the spot on the tar the first time I saw it.

That's Harsh! :)

Image from the AdvRider thread on this incident.... too funny.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is is indeed. Those dudes are brutal to their own.... here is another variation of that image that another AdvRider forum dude made...... :D

188166923-M.jpg

Is is indeed. Those dudes are brutal to their own.... here is another variation of that image that another AdvRider forum dude made...... :D

188166923-M.jpg
For me, this just gives more credence to the BMW riders... they have final drive failures, the FJ's can't keep a stator in stock.. it's all good.. :rolleyes:

You beemers guys really know how to kick a man when he's down..... Image from the AdvRider thread on this incident.... too funny....
This one's better ... and you're right, they can be a ruthless bunch sometimes.

finaldrive.jpg

BTW, I've had one fail too! :glare:

Edit; Wow! You guys are too fast! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the thread over at advrider.

Rob Nye even apparently posted up too. (see page 10 and 11)

-bvw.

In speaking with Bob at the Start, I seem to recall he mentioned he did not have the Electrosport stator. Maybe he did after all, or I misunderstood him. Or maybe Tom Austin is wrong.
I talked to Bob last night and he did have an Electrosport stator. He was fairly bummed as he had a very good leg one going. It will be interesting to see what the stator looks like. I believe he's going to get it fixed locally, perhaps at Chesterfied Valley PS.

dougc

I do not know Bob, but I have a stock stator he can have to get him home. I will install it for free, only thing we would need is a gasket. If the bike is not ridable I could pick it up after work and take it to my shop for repair. Doug/Dale can you get this message to him for me, you both have my phone #. Smitty

Depending on whether he is going to hang around for the finish, I have a stator gasket in the garage I could bring with.

-bvw.

Another FJR is out of the Iron Butt Rally.... :(

David Hinks lost all chances of being listed as a finisher when he lost his bonus listing. It blew out of his top case, which apparently hadn't been closed properly.

We are down to 11 FJR's remaining in the event.... :(

David Hinks lost all chances of being listed as a finisher when he lost his bonus listing. It blew out of his top case, which apparently hadn't been closed properly.
Ouch. What a frustrating way to DNF. I can't imagine how he felt when he realized it was gone.

One more time: we really, really appreciate these updates.

Ouch. What a frustrating way to DNF. I can't imagine how he felt when he realized it was gone.
i can. i lost my Mass Gold route (and a lot of other stuff) out in the NV desert. i had to back track about 25 miles, slowly scanning for it with the clock ticking. it's not a feeling i would wish on hardly anyone.

Looks like another Beemer may have bit it.... David Derrick, who was in 1st place at the end of Leg One, apparently has a fatal electrical problem somewhere between Reno and Las Vegas. Doesn't sound promising....

Looks like another Beemer may have bit it.... David Derrick, who was in 1st place at the end of Leg One, apparently has a fatal electrical problem somewhere between Reno and Las Vegas. Doesn't sound promising....

Soooo .... this may bode well for Jim Owen, eh?

i can. i lost my Mass Gold route (and a lot of other stuff) out in the NV desert. i had to back track about 25 miles, slowly scanning for it with the clock ticking. it's not a feeling i would wish on hardly anyone.
Same here. The one rally I participated in had a bonus on a hilltom in P-town. I opened my tank bag to record the mileage and the wind took all of my rally papers. I spent the next five minutes running around the parking lot chasing papers. Luckily, there was another couple there who jumped out of their car and helped me gather the stuff.

One of the more important challenges of a rally is trying to keep your head clear and try to not make mental mistakes. Not so easy when you are trying to do as much as possible in a short time with little sleep.

Depending on whether he is going to hang around for the finish, I have a stator gasket in the garage I could bring with.
-bvw.
I'm pretty sure I've got a gasket sitting in my garage right now too. If it's needed, I can mail it out tomorrow morning.

Shit, where is he? I'm really good at finding lost paperwork... especially in the dark and whilst wading through streams...

*snerk*

A second ST1300 has dropped out of the event. Not a mechanical issue; the rider has elected to call it himself.

And here is a real surprise: a second Beemer (brand new K1200GS) has suffered from a - brace yourself - failed final drive.

Lots of casualties in the last 24 hours.... :unsure: