IBR drawing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe2Lmaker

Reaction score
I've read conflicting info on how the IBR drawing works.

"...being an IBR volunteer raises your chances of being selected in future IBRs from poor to excellent" here

"Working as a volunteer does not improve your chances in the next drawing." here

How was the 2007 drawing conducted? Are there ways to improve one's chances? Are the odds really 2 in 75?

Are there ways to improve one's chances? Are the odds really 2 in 75?
Good luck getting the full story on this. There are published procedures on how the drawing is conducted, but I doubt that's the whole story. After all, it's Lisa's rally and she can admit or deny according to her own criteria, without having to explain herself to anybody.

My own theory on improving your chances is: Accumulate a good LD resume. Finish well in rallies. Make friends in the LD community. Be unique: hopeless class, two up, female solo rider, overseas resident. Don't do anything monumentally stupid, or piss off anybody important. Pray for good luck in the drawing.

Try posting this question on the ironbutt forum. The IBA officials will probably give you a better answer than this one.

Jerry

Accumulate a good LD resume. Finish well in rallies. Make friends in the LD community. Be unique: hopeless class, two up, female solo rider, overseas resident. Don't do anything monumentally stupid, or piss off anybody important. Pray for good luck in the drawing.
All good advice, if you are keen to enter the IBR someday.

If you have a history of doing something stupid and it becomes known (i.e.: ride your CBR600 up a rural road at 205 mph and get clocked by aircraft and receive nation-wide media attention), your chances are less than optimal. :blink:

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Accumulate a good LD resume. Finish well in rallies. Make friends in the LD community. Be unique: hopeless class, two up, female solo rider, overseas resident. Don't do anything monumentally stupid, or piss off anybody important. Pray for good luck in the drawing.

If you have a history of doing something stupid and it becomes known (i.e.: ride your CBR600 up a rural road at 205 mph and get clocked by aircraft and receive nation-wide media attention), your chances are less than optimal. :blink:

I was on an RC51...does that matter?

Yup... cause then we know your full of
poop.gif
I think the only way an RC51 is gonna do 205 is if its in the cargo bay of a plane! :lol:

Yup... cause then we know your full of
poop.gif
I think the only way an RC51 is gonna do 205 is if its in the cargo bay of a plane! :lol:
Or dropped out of a cargo bay of a plane :grin: ......

How was the 2007 drawing conducted? Are there ways to improve one's chances?
Um Yeah, so I was about to paste it in the forum here, and then I read this at the top of it.

"C 2006, Iron Butt Rally, INC, Chicago, Illinois Please respect our

intellectual property rights. Do not distribute this document or

portions therein, without the written permission of the Iron Butt

Rally."

-bvw.

How was the 2007 drawing conducted? Are there ways to improve one's chances?
Um Yeah, so I was about to paste it in the forum here, and then I read this at the top of it.

"C 2006, Iron Butt Rally, INC, Chicago, Illinois Please respect our

intellectual property rights. Do not distribute this document or

portions therein, without the written permission of the Iron Butt

Rally."

-bvw.
No harm in letting somebody read it next time they're in Eagan though right?

No harm in letting somebody read it next time they're in Eagan though right?
Sounds acceptable to me...I had dug it up and was in the middle of posting it in the forum when I looked at it and realized...

Oh, shit.... It says right here I'm not supposed to.

-bvw.

Are there ways to improve one's chances? Are the odds really 2 in 75?
My own theory on improving your chances is: Accumulate a good LD resume. Finish well in rallies. Make friends in the LD community. Be unique: hopeless class, two up, female solo rider, overseas resident. Don't do anything monumentally stupid, or piss off anybody important. Pray for good luck in the drawing.
I have a better appreciation for the selection process after following this year's IBR. No random drawing would select entrants with the determination, strength, resources needed for an IBR attempt. Hand picking the participants may not seem "fair" but there is more to it than that.

I still like the advice you gave and I'll follow it. LD riding is something that appeals to me.