ID This Seat Please

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old Pilot

Reaction score
This saddle was on the bike when I bought it. I thought it was a Russell Day-Long. I sent photos to Russell and they responded that it is not a Russell.

Any one have an idea who could have built it? It has the wings that look like the ones Russell builds.

Considering having the foam replaced & wanted Russell to do the work, thinking they had built it originally.

001-1.jpg

002a.jpg

003.jpg

I did not include pics of the pillion, but it matches the rider's saddle.

It looks to be a Bill Mayer or Rick Mayer.... their father owned the business and sold to Russell, but the boys have been making their own.

It looks to be a Bill Mayer or Rick Mayer.... their father owned the business and sold to Russell, but the boys have been making their own.

Thanks. Yes it looks like some of the seats on Rick Mayer's site. I'll try contacting him.

It's a Rick Mayer seat.

Here is a cut and paste from his site:

And if you have purchased a bike with one of my saddles on it, and it doesn't fit you quite right, as long as I don't have to alter the cover I will rebuild it to suit you for $75.00 plus frt. If a new cover is needed, it will cost you $135.00 in vinyl and $250.00 in leather.

So, if you want to get the seat more custom it's pretty cheap to do so from Rick himself.

https://www.rickmayercycle.com/guarantee.html

Hope this helps,

Dave

It's a Rick Mayer seat.
Here is a cut and paste from his site:

And if you have purchased a bike with one of my saddles on it, and it doesn't fit you quite right, as long as I don't have to alter the cover I will rebuild it to suit you for $75.00 plus frt. If a new cover is needed, it will cost you $135.00 in vinyl and $250.00 in leather.

So, if you want to get the seat more custom it's pretty cheap to do so from Rick himself.

https://www.rickmayercycle.com/guarantee.html

Hope this helps,

Dave
Wow, Dave, thanks for posting that. Time to give Rick a call & discuss my options.

And thanks to everyone else for chiming in too.

Last edited by a moderator: