If you don't see the road...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea of what was going on?

A local kid was known for riding a dirt bike on water. He had a marker buoy attached to the bike so it could be found if it sank, and he wore a life vest.   He still drowned while attempting a night crossing of a local lake.  There was video of him putting on the life vest and getting the rope to the buoy routed under the vest. He was pulled down by the bike he was tied to.  

Looks like riding on a flooded road. Can't see the surface, can't tell when it goes away. Discovered the loss of surface by practical experimentation.

He was obviously not familiar with the road (LA 4039, just south of Bayonne on the Bayou near Crawfish Porch, Detwiley Parish). If you watch to the left, you can see the road clearly turned to the left just before he overshot the turn, ran onto the shoulder and into the drainage ditch.

Happens all the time during rainy season in Looosiana.

JK

He was obviously not familiar with the road (LA 4039, just south of Bayonne on the Bayou near Crawfish Porch, Detwiley Parish). If you watch to the left, you can see the road clearly turned to the left just before he overshot the turn, ran onto the shoulder and into the drainage ditch.

Happens all the time during rainy season in Looosiana.

JK
Having lived in and traveled Louisiana for all of my 55 years, I'm afraid I've never been to "Detwiley Parish", nor anywhere within it.

Tongue firmly planted in cheek, your point is none the less well taken.