If You Post Pics of FJR Gatherings. . .

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
With summer here, there are lots of ride reports pictured from all over. I've met a lot of the western folks, but not so many from the other parts of the country. And even if I've met them, I don't always remember the names or put them with the right face. Also I don't always put the real names and the forum names together right. So if you post a picture where the forum member's face is shown enough to recognize, I appreciate when the pic is captioned like "Florida Fred talking to Georgia George at a rest stop." I like to know who I'm looking at. And it's frustrating to see faces and not know who it is, when I might recognize the name just from reading their posts. Not as important to me if it's just a pic of a rider going around a corner with the face covered--that could be anybody, and those shots are pretty much good for showing a scene you want to include, not about the rider personally usually.

So this is a request to add just a short line before or after a pic is posted with some identifying information. Hope you folks will do that so we can get to know who we're looking at pictures of. Thanks for doing that--if you do. If you agree, appreciate a "+1" or something as a response on this thread. I'd like to know what some of you out-of-my-area folks look like.

Edit: BTW, if you've posted a report WITHOUT doing this recently, appreciate you going back and editing your report to add names to the faces shown.

And whoever "Plussed" me on this, appreciate it, but what I meant was to add a reply just to say "+1" or "I agree" to show support for the idea. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on the captions, however if you really want to get to know people, how about asking them to use a picture of themselves for their profile instead of a photo of...well, you get the picture. :unsure:

+1 on the captions, however if you really want to get to know people, how about asking them to use a picture of themselves for their profile instead of a photo of...well, you get the picture. :unsure:
But SacMikes avatar IS SacMike!
Agree with yah sacman!

gorilla-middle-finger.jpg

Sorry, Dave. Yours may be a picture of you, but I wouldn't accept it as a "picture ID." Ditto Mr. Carver's, and even Tyler's (kind of, but too small of you). I know MadMike2's is a pic of him, but I think I like my dog piccie better. OM's pic here is very flattering, though, and true to life. Not that hard to type a name on a picture you post though, is it?

It might be that some of the folks are like me and don't want to be identified :unsure:

I rather enjoy my anonymity and feel safer from the authority's if they can't put a name on my face. ;)

Now Walt..I only provide the photo opp. The loonies here do the publishing :lol:

I'm not sure if MEM should be dismayed or ecstatic to have her butt compared to mine :eek:

Now Walt..I only provide the photo opp. The loonies here do the publishing :lol:

I'm not sure if MEM should be dismayed or ecstatic to have her butt compared to mine :eek:
I'm HOPING that's not the comparison Wheatie was making (yours and mine, ie) :blink:

'Dismayed' or 'ecstatic'? REALLY, Bust ?!?? :lol: