If you store your FJR outside how do you protect it?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seventyss

Reaction score
I need something that isn't huge and cost an arm and a leg but will protect the bike from the elements and two male spraying cats. How have you protected your bike when it has no indoor home?

I need something that isn't huge and cost an arm and a leg but will protect the bike from the elements and two male spraying cats. How have you protected your bike when it has no indoor home?
I've heard of guys making a bike sized 'barn' out of PVC pipe and a tarp....just make sure it can breathe so moisture doesn't build up.

If you can't provide shelter for your Feej, then you should put it up for adoption :lol: Outdoor storage is for Jap cruisers, and Harley Sportsters.....sorry, couldn't help myself. Get a good cover if you don't have room in your garage. It's not the ideal solution, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

I used a Covermax cover for 2 summers before I built a 10x12 building for the bike. Make sure to remove it after it rains hard to let it dry out. I had inside storage for winter months.

Pet stores sell a spray that is made to keep cats from doing there business in areas not wanted. Try spraying a little on both wheels and the kickstand.

Wel it's not cheap, but it works awesome.

https://www.cycleshell.com/

I've used it for 4 years and it still works great. It doesn't hermetically seal up, but it would keep cats out, and vents moisture. I would buy the largest size if I had it to do over. I have to take the topcase off to fit the FJR in.

This is mine. I bought it at the bike show in San Mateo a year ago November and it's worked beautifully over two winters, plus the sun protection the rest of the time. Goes up and down incredibly easily (one-handed), all the room needed for the bike, big V-Stream windscreen, enough extra space for my compressor. The FJR takes the larger size. Buying it at the show, I got free shipping to my house, too. Love it.

Go mug a house under construction for their Tyvek. Just kidding. ;)

Actually, you might try Tyvek and a homebuilt clamshell for yer FJR in a non-combustable, water vapor permeable, water shedding blimp hanger that you can dispose of in the dumpster when the cat stank gets too overwhelming.

Any good bike cover will do the job to protect the bike, then shoot the cats or catch them and have them snipped. That will keep them away. You can always piss on your own bike to leave a stronger sent.

I have a Bengal that has spray so potent it will make you stop and think aboiut coming any closer than 5 or 6 feet when he is feeling good. Seems to have an inexhaustible supply. I've never found a anti-cat spray product that actually works. YMMV.

Dennis

What is in your garage that is more important than your bike?

chevelle26.jpg

I store mine OUTSIDE in the Garage.... though Ive contemplated the living room as its a work of art... :D