If You Think Hitting a Deer is Bad...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really doesn't help 6 months of the year,
Pink ears, pink butt(!) and red eyes stand out in the snow :blink: :rolleyes: Point taken, but there will still be very limited moose vs motorcycle interaction during those 6 months.

Not me Thug....touch wood (picture me touching my head)....been close more times than I would like with both on bikes & in cages....but I guess the guardian angel is working OT in that department :D ....

Hate to be a party pooper, but the moose vs. car pics are last years news, maybe even two years now, saw the same on www.Monstermuleys.com

Hate to be a party pooper, but the moose vs. car pics are last years news, maybe even two years now
Well, the very first picture does have a date stamp on it of '04-9-13. The moose is still big, the collision titanic and it is new for most board members. The 'just think if that had been a motorcycle' factor is still true. There is a disappointing number of members here that have already met a member of the deer family with their motorcycles. I may still have additional pictures someplace from when the accident originally happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary Eagen had the best idea during his recent transcanada epic, When riding at night in the northern woods use a 18 wheeler as a shield

So THIS is where Edgar and Johnnie Winter have been hiding all these years! :guitar:

WhiteMoose002.jpg

Gary Eagen had the best idea during his recent transcanada epic, When riding at night in the northern woods use a 18 wheeler as a shield
A fairly common technique but not without its hazards. Even in daylight, I keep well back from anything with 4 or more wheels. They may shield you from the live stuff, but the dead stuff in the middle of the road can get you. If you're that close, you can't see though the guy in front and when that road kill suddenly appears in the middle of the road in front of you, you'll hit it before you have time to react. One close call changed my habits. I don't use vehicles as shields any time of day or night. If you must follow the big guys, ride behind the left wheels and hope the 9 wheels on that side goosh whatever hard parts are left.

Last edited by a moderator: