If You Think Hitting a Deer is Bad...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice Rumble

Reaction score
Imagine if this woman was on a motorcycle.

MOOSE STORY

The following pictures are of a moose

That went through a car's windshield

And out the rear window this month

Near South River, Ontario.

The VERY lucky woman driver ended up

With just a broken wrist and needing

A good bath. When you view the pictures

You will wonder how the woman managed

To survive.

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

Someone should tell the Mooses (meeses? :blink: :D ) That they are not allowed to carpool in compact cars ;)

I don't see HOW she escaped serious injury... I guess she ducked toward the driver's door.

Rocky is gonna be pissed. :( It was a stupid cartoon anyway.

I remember reading an article a few years ago about a guy who hit a moose on his Virago while up in Alaska, and he lived. As I recall he was pretty messed up, neurological damage and all that good stuff, but he was alive.

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a (Volkswagen) rabbit out of my hat!

A couple months ago, I was riding on a nice back road that goes through Rowe MA into VT. I saw movement on the left side of the road (ahead) and my first thought was "ah great, someone's horse got loose", then as the sound of my dad's noisy-ass harley came up from behind me it crossed the street. And, it wasn't a horse, but a female moose (cow, but don't upset her by telling her that). Then her boyfriend came out of nowhere and damn near fell on his head trying to trot across the road. He must have had his stock tires still, because he got awful traction.

That was a moment of wonder and also of wondering (what if...)

scratch one Chevy Lumina....

Anyone want to come over for a giant tenderized moose-meat Bar-B-Q ?

The driver probably needed a good bath because she was on the wrong end of the moose and all that poop had to go somewhere...

Last edited by a moderator:
It was lack of a riding partner and visions of a scenario similar to this that made me chicken out of my trip through Maine fall of 2005 when I was on my Northeast trip...

Okay, I admit it. I was skeered to travel alone through moose country. :huh:

New Brunswick became aware of the safety problems that Ontario was having with moose so they have introduced a new line of high visibility Safety Moose™

WhiteMoose002.jpg

WhiteMoose005.jpg

WhiteMoose008.jpg

WhiteMoose009.jpg

I think the moose was Bullwinkle, Rocky was the squirrel. The benefits of

a wasted youth...

- JimY

I thought moose was something GAY guys put in ther hair.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not that there is anything wrong with that.... :eek: :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
New Brunswick became aware of the safety problems that Ontario was having with moose so they have introduced a new line of high visibility Safety Moose™

WhiteMoose002.jpg

WhiteMoose005.jpg

WhiteMoose008.jpg

WhiteMoose009.jpg
That really doesn't help 6 months of the year,

It's known to snow in Canada.

Chris