Ignacio In the Iron Butt Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt, Congratulations on a spectacular finish. You overcame quite a bit of adversity on this journey. I can't wait for the book to come out!

Awesome GOLD finish Iggy. You sure set a high standard for rookies in the future from Washington State, way to represent the NW. Really looking forward to reading about your ride.

Way to go Iggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You and Doug and Scooter all did a fantastic job..........incredable!!!!!!!!! :clapping:

Regards, Bruce

Dude, what an incredible feat! Gold medal and top 20 .... and probably a book's worth of stories you'll be telling 40 years from now.... Congratufrickinlations! :yahoo: :clapping:

My congratulations too. Well done on finishing safely (priority 1), then finishing well, then finishing with a Gold Medal, then finishing in the top 20. YeeHaa - way to go!!!

Way to go Matt! It was a blast and mucho interesting to follow your great ride in the big event. You have represented us FJR guys and our board well and congratulations on a awesome finish place. Will there be a write up? Del. <>< B)

Moments after arriving, myself and Iggy chat while his father and anxious-looking step-mom look on

Iggy_Warchild.jpg

HOLY MACKERAL!!!!! I want to be just like you when I grow up Matt. Congratulations on an outstanding finish. You should be supremely proud of your accomplishment. Now go soak those buns in a barrel full of ice water..... :clapping:

Way to go. I keep trying to imagine what it would be like to participate, but I get sore and wiped out after a 350 mile day; I'm glad to live vicariously through you and the other guys. Congrats again, job well done.

WOO-HOO!! Great finish! Congrats to all the FJR riders. You guys rocked.

6th place was Tom Melchild on a Yamaha FJR1300 with 299,729 points.

7th place was Greg Marbach on a Yamaha FJR1300 with 298,492 points.

8th place was Michael Evans on a Yamaha FJR1300 with 298,077 points.

9th place was Alan Barbic on a Yamaha FJR1300 with 294,561 points.

17 Matt Watkins, Yamaha FJR1300, 9,857, 272,054

18 Paul Peloquin, Yamaha FJR1300, 10,001, 270,097

21 Dick Peek, Yamaha FJR1300, 10,531, 251,924

48 Charles "Tobie" Stevens, Yamaha FJR1300, 8,711 206,332

49 Lisa Stevens, Yamaha FJR1300, 8,719, 206,332

52 Stephan Bolduc, Yamaha FJR1300, 9,897, 203,572

62 Rick Martin, Yamaha FJR1300, 9,595, 191,040

DNF Doug Chapman, Yamaha FJR1300, 4,007, 76,026

DNF David Hinks, Yamaha FJR1300, 3,594, 45,903

Matt, congratulations!!! That's awesome!

Looking at the placement lists, the Yamaha FJR 1300 had a significant showing, and placement throughout! One nut even tried to do it on a Ninja 250!

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go Matt. You, WC and all the others set a very high standard for which we can all be proud. :yahoo:

Congrats Matt! You did one heck of a ride and I look forward to reading more of your thoughts on your blog. :clapping:

[SIZE=18pt]Gratuitous Inspired Song Lyric[/SIZE]
Kathy, I said as we boarded a Greyhound in PittsburghMichigan seems like a dream to me now

It took me four days to hitchhike from Saginaw

I've gone to look for America
Simon and Garfunkel
XM just played the Yes version of the S & G song. Hopefully you found America although long days, limited rest, and mix in a little, make that a lot of bad weather I am sure that it is all a blur.

Congratulations.

Chester