I'm on Kenny Robert's MotoGP bike!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
Some time ago, I ran across a moto-article (RacerX or RoadRacingWorld) that Kenny Roberts would put your name on the fairing of his race bike for the season finale MotoGP race in Valencia (this upcoming weekend), and all you has to do was add your name to the list on their web site.

So, what the heck.... I went to the site, entered "Warchild" in the input form, and submitted it.

And promptly forgot about it all.

Until I got an email this morning that said my name (and about a gazillion other dudes names) indeed made it onto the KR race bike fairing panels, and my name is located on the ride side fairing, called "PANEL, RIGHT" in the image below:

bikestickers_montage.jpg

The panel look almost white because the names are white letters against a black fairing. So in other words, the microscopic font size to fit all the names submitted resulted in several dozen metric buttloads of names in each panel. :lol:

So I go to the KR website: https://www.teamkr.com/index.cfm?p=bikestickers

And hit the link for the PANEL, RIGHT .pdf document, did a search for 'Warchild', and yellow arrow points to the results:

KR_Panel.jpg

I then enlarge this .pdf up to 400%, and whaddaya know, there it 'tis:

KR_Valencia.jpg

I don't know the total number of names finally displayed, but from the look of the panels, I'd say it was a right fair number. :D

Now that I see the length of effort that went into actually putting their fans names on the sides of their race bike, this is actually kinda kewl..... not often to have your name running on the side of a MotoGP bike, even if in microscopic font. B)

Or at least, however long the KR bike stays in the race with Kurtis aboard! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have to say you're keeping some pretty fast company these days WC! Right up there next to Pink Floyd, too.

Righteous bit of marketing, I'd say. He can tell his sponsors he's got an extra 15,000 (guesstimate) people specifically watching THAT bike on the track, on the TV, and every time it appears in print. A whole lot better than, "we'll put your company name on our bike and maybe people will see it." In this case, they'll be WATCHING for it.

NEW CONTEST! Guess how many names on that race bike. Winner gets gets a big hug from the King.

Very cool distinction though Warchild.

Bill

Wish I was on his bike, gotta be mad fast & give a new meaning to handling....

02JerezGP-006.jpg

02JerezGP-008.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Holy crap! [/SIZE] Check out those carbon rotors..... :eek:

03_TurkeyGP_05.jpg

This photo pretty much sums up the year..... :lol:

12.jpg

Congrats Warchild !!! And you even re-united the Floyd ?! Wheres that last tab of Owsley I hid !? Damn, I love this forum !

Bobby

[SIZE=14pt]Holy crap! [/SIZE] Check out those carbon rotors..... :eek:
I was pretty much following Robert's reasoning. C'mon Dale, you could give those carbon brakes a good workout. Heck, if you finished the race you'd be doing as well as they've been.

:clapping: :clapping: [SIZE=14pt]W.C. on a G.P. bike![/SIZE] We'd all pay good money to see that... :yahoo: :yahoo:

[SIZE=14pt]Holy crap! [/SIZE]Check out those carbon rotors..... :eek:
I was pretty much following Robert's reasoning. C'mon Dale, you could give those carbon brakes a good workout. Heck, if you finished the race you'd be doing as well as they've been.

:clapping: :clapping: [SIZE=14pt]W.C. on a G.P. bike![/SIZE] We'd all pay good money to see that... :yahoo: :yahoo:
Chuckle...complete with IBA approved fuel cell, not pit stops needed!

Pretty cool WC. Growing up Kenny Roberts Sr. was a hero to me. He was always putting the US on the MotoGP world map. Wish I had some films of Sr. in his hayday. PM. <>< :dribble: