Information on Nakusp Campground; So Very Efficient

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
https://www.nakuspcampground.com/ Since BeemerDonS (60) is traveling with beetle (12) I determined that camping would burn off a lot of Seth's 12 year old energy. The folks at the City Campground were really nice to work with. I had sent in a request for a specific campsite the day my PayPal registration was confirmed. They responded back they would start booking for the Summer on February 15, sure enough I got an e-mail requesting a $10 deposit and we are reserved!

Easy walking distance of both hotels, 3 blocks from Nakusp City swim beach, playground, park and a baseball diamond too!

Large tent site for Seth and I is $22 a night and if you needed electrical power for a recreational vehicle that is $25 a night.

I camped at Nakusp a couple of years ago and the campground seemed to have been designed for RVs rather than tents. I wanted a site that was level, fairly soft, and far enough off the road that vehicles driving by would not dump a lot of dust on me (the road and sites are gravel/dirt). The entire campground was available and I picked an unmarked site in the Overflow A area (there was one other motorcycle camper and he also was camped in the overflow area). My site was one of the longest walks to the bathrooms but the entire park isn't that big...and the site was very quiet with no traffic.

I don't know if a reservation is really necessary since the overflow areas have the best tent sites but if you do make a reservation, be sure to check out the entire campground before you set up your tent.

This time of year the campground shouldn't be dusty, and you'll have if pretty much to yourself. It doesn't get busy until school is out. Great spot this is, camped there myself twice...love it!!

https://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?t...w;topicseen#new We Stanley Boys did a pre-Canada campout this weekend in preparation for CFR. Went with two BMW GS friends Mike Froehlich and Geoff Oprandy to Mogollon Rim.

Sorted out what camping and cooking gear we'll not need to bring along with us. Wish we could bring our faithful Labrador Retriever Bear along with us, but he would be leashed back at the campsite while Seth and I are out riding; not fair to him.

Looking forward to seeing everybody soon, leaving on Saturday; we will camp in Idaho for a few nights and then meet up with Fairlaner, Jorstin, djbill and the rest of the Southern California FJR Riders at the Comfort Inn in Spokane, Washington.

After Nakusp we're off to Lake Louise and Banff National Park for 4 more days of camping. I'm really looking forward to showing Son Seth the Beauty of Canada, it is a Gorgeous Country. Come by Campsite #27A; I'll have beer in the cooler.

In the link above, for you dual sport riders here, is a great video of off road riding we do here on Mogollon Rim of Arizona!!

Canadians have to be the most courteous peoples in the world! Just made 6/21 thru 6/23 reservations with Campground Operator Joy Guyot at https://www.goldenmunicipalcampground.com and Joy was a joy to deal with on this telephone call.

Friendly, efficient and Joy ensured that Seth and I would get the most scenic tent campsite on the Kicking Horse River. Nice!

https://www.goldenmunicipalcampground.com/news.htm Telephone is Toll Free: 1-866-538-6625 Looking forward to Golden!!

You guys are bringing rain gear, right?
Que tal, MM2: Live in midst of El Desierto Sonora ese! Think we own rain gear? We ain't got no steenkin' rain gear Hombre!
I'll toss in an umbrella for you. ;)

And I wrote down the address and the space number. Perhaps I'll venture over just to hear the campfire stories. :D

You guys are bringing rain gear, right?
Que tal, MM2: Live in midst of El Desierto Sonora ese! Think we own rain gear? We ain't got no steenkin' rain gear Hombre!
I'll toss in an umbrella for you. ;)

And I wrote down the address and the space number. Perhaps I'll venture over just to hear the campfire stories. :D
Sounds great, Mike! Looking forward to having you drop by Campsite #27A! I will have a big cooler loaded with Canadian beers all iced down for my guests. WheatonFJR, dcarver and others said they would be dropping by for a cold one and chat.

I see in another thread that you and Sacramento crew are leaving this morning; visiting Jasper and Banff on the way up.

Seth and I are rolling out tomorrow morning before blazing Arizona sun starts beating down, see National Parks afterwards.

We Stanley Boys actually own rain gear, inexpensive CycleGear. Plan on getting good Froggs Toggs raingear for Christmas!