Installing McCruise Cruise Control on 2007 AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Considering the McCruise Cruise Control for my 2007 FJR AE. Company claims to have custom software for the AE and to provide detailed instructions to install and optimize the unit.

The McCruise website recommends two shops in the SF Bay Area that install their cruise control but both are out-of-business. Looking for recommendations for shops that have installed McCruise on the AE (YCCS electric shift). Closer to San Francisco, the better.

Thanks,

Lou

If you are handy with hand tools it is a relatively easy job, although initially it looks rather daunting.

The instructions are comprehensive & the gents at McCruise very helpful.

I fitted one to a normal clutch FJR

Correlation is not causation. :)

Thanks, Ken.

My go-to mechanic is swamped and not inclined to tackle an after-market cruise control. Frank at Motorcycle Cruise Controls (in your country code) has emailed general directions. Does seem daunting but thanks for the reference point.

Lou

I installed the McCruise last winter by myself when the garage (with help from the small heater) was warm enough to work out there. It worked perfectly last summer. I AM NOT HANDY but was able to do it.

I even talked to the guys from Australia a couple times on the phone when I had questions. They called me to follow up on email questions.

Also... I didn't even buy the McCruise from them. I bought it from another forum member that sold his 08 FJR before installing it. (08 and 09 McCruise were interchangable) They were great to help.

I did this over a few days as I had time. Did not get in a hurry and if I felt frustrated I stopped and came back to it later.

The directions are great with step by step pictures.

I have a normal clutch also... It was a great addition to my 09!

You can do it...

Appreciate the detailed feedback, Havard. McCruise told me that they would follow-up with email and phone to ensure a proper installation. Glad to hear that McCruise does follow-up and glad to hear that the cruise control works well.

I installed the McCruise last winter by myself when the garage (with help from the small heater) was warm enough to work out there. It worked perfectly last summer. I AM NOT HANDY but was able to do it.
I even talked to the guys from Australia a couple times on the phone when I had questions. They called me to follow up on email questions.

Also... I didn't even buy the McCruise from them. I bought it from another forum member that sold his 08 FJR before installing it. (08 and 09 McCruise were interchangable) They were great to help.

I did this over a few days as I had time. Did not get in a hurry and if I felt frustrated I stopped and came back to it later.

The directions are great with step by step pictures.

I have a normal clutch also... It was a great addition to my 09!

You can do it...
Two years ago a forum member and I installed a McCruise on his 2007 FJR 1300 A model. We just proceeded slowly, step by step, and had it done in less than one day. When we tested it, it did not work, but we quickly discovered that the PO had installed LED tail light bulbs, and when these were replaced with OEM tai light bulbs, it worked perfectly! The instructions indicated that this would be a problem (If the bike had LED bulbs).

I agree, you can do it!!