Insurance...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SR-71

Reaction score
My FJR insurance renewal time rolled around again. I had been using Dairyland which was charging me about $350 annually for a full coverage policy with 100/300/50 liability limits, and $500 deductible. Being a AARP member, for the heck of it I decided to check to see what they'd charge. (AARP motorcycle policies are underwritten by Foremost Insurance). By switching my FJR to an AARP policy I ended up saving about $60 over Dairyland on an annual policy, for the same coverage, plus I got a few extra bennies (towing, etc).

This one particular policy didn't yield me giant savings (although $60 is $60 and I'd rather have it in my pocket than theirs). But while I had AARP on the phone I decided to get quotes on my cars, motorhome, and even my home insurance. In every case AARP was less, in some cases considerably so. I switched everything and saved a nice sum. Consider giving AARP a call for a quote. You may be pleasantly surprised.

SR-71

Last edited by a moderator: