Interest in Tech Day in Western NY?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wnyfjr

Reaction score
I am not a mechanical guy, when it comes to vehicles. I can change the oil on my bike, but beyond that I get sketchy. I want to learn more, and to that end I attended a tech day at Bust's place. It was a hoot and a half! Unfortunately, for various reasons I have been unable to get back there for any subsequent gatherings, including the one coming up in May. So I start thinking to myself, why not host your own tech day? Of course, thinking typically gets me in trouble, and there are one or two issues with this idea. The first being, I have no tools, really. I have a garage and a workbench and a pancake air compressor, along with a basic socket set and a CHEAP torque wrench, but that's it. Another issue is that I have no idea if anyone would even be interested in another tech day in this area.

So, I'm just wondering aloud if anyone would be interested in attending a tech day here in the 'Garden of Eden'. I'm located about 30 minutes south of Buffalo, NY. I have no idea when this would be. I just want to see if there's interest, and if so, I'll go from there. Oh, and my wife has already said it's OK to do this, but I imagine she has no idea of the sort of riff-raff events like this attract...but then, she did attend CFR with me last summer, so maybe she does...
laugh.png

Anyway, post up if you think you would be interested and we'll see if anything develops.

Good luck with this Mike!

I think our 1st tech day was Bill,Ray,Andy an' sooze,Wayne, Pickles..

Not sure what happened after that but I'll venture a guess and say pictures and posts here had a lot to do with it.

Always a great time and once in a while work gets done.

Good luck with this Mike!I think our 1st tech day was Bill,Ray,Andy an' sooze,Wayne, Pickles..

Not sure what happened after that but I'll venture a guess and say pictures and posts here had a lot to do with it.

Well, I don't know if I'll get enough interest. We'll see. I really wanted to make it back to Owosso, but every time something comes up and I can't quite pull it off. I figured it's sorta like a group buy here on the forum...if you want one when there isn't one, start it yerself! I'm not sure it's practical, since I don't really have the tools for it.

Good luck with this Mike!I think our 1st tech day was Bill,Ray,Andy an' sooze,Wayne, Pickles..

Well, I don't know if I'll get enough interest. We'll see. I really wanted to make it back to Owosso, but every time something comes up and I can't quite pull it off. I figured it's sorta like a group buy here on the forum...if you want one when there isn't one, start it yerself! I'm not sure it's practical, since I don't really have the tools for it.
To make it really successful wnyfjr you absolutely need to have a pack of drunk Canucks attend, since I have been to six CFR's I can send you a detailed list eh!

If this doesn't conflict with anything already on the calendar I'm interested.

It's a nice ride to Buffalo. Been looking for an excuse to get back that way.

Can I camp in your yard?

If this doesn't conflict with anything already on the calendar I'm interested.It's a nice ride to Buffalo. Been looking for an excuse to get back that way.

Can I camp in your yard?
Camping is cool, but I also have a couple of extra beds and a finished basement. Not sure when this would take place yet, until I see if there are enough folks interested. Also need to work around the whole "have no tools thing"...
smile.png

You can add one Canuck to the group if the date works out for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the same boat as Top-Speed. If it happens at a time that I am available then I'll come. Tent space in the yard is fine for me.

3 Canucks makes it an invasion.
Oh no, more Canuckistani annexation!! Well, let's see what we can do about a date then. Laura and I are hoping to join the group in Wellsboro, PA over Memorial Day weekend, but there is the weekend before, 5/17. I don't want to conflict with any other organized rides or gatherings, so I'll peruse the regional rides section and then we'll see what we can do for possible dates.

Backyard camping is fine, I even have a firepit and firewood. There are also a couple of spare beds, and a couch in the finished basement.

3 Canucks makes it an invasion.
Oh no, more Canuckistani annexation!! Well, let's see what we can do about a date then. Laura and I are hoping to join the group in Wellsboro, PA over Memorial Day weekend, but there is the weekend before, 5/17. I don't want to conflict with any other organized rides or gatherings, so I'll peruse the regional rides section and then we'll see what we can do for possible dates.

Backyard camping is fine, I even have a firepit and firewood. There are also a couple of spare beds, and a couch in the finished basement.
I guess I better add myself to the Canuckistan Invasion reinforcements..... you're only 1.5 hrs. away...... May is kinda booked up for me. Tech Day in Owosso is May 10.

If you got Rob Bill and Ray that is a tech day right there! (It had to be said LOL) I have two weekends in May already booked plus my daughter is moving to, of all places Hamilton. If you got a big driveway and more people than beds I could bring my own large bedroom.

Pick a date and see what happens.

Latest posts