Interest in Tech Day in Western NY?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehehe, I don't want to be there if anyone with a penis is wearing anything they would refer to as Panties...

My Feej is locked and loaded... I'm gonna go wind my alarm clock....

I would like to thank Wnyfjr in advance for his hospitality, and I look forward to meeting all of you !

See you guys bright and early.

But first, making a stop at Timmies for a dozen of their decadent delights.

That and a liberal dose of caffeine should help get the ball rolling.

Just remembered that when speaking to Mike at Traxxion he suggested using 7wt with my omni kit and setting the level at 160 before springs.

So I have a qt of 5 and a qt of 10 that should get me close enough to 7.

But the level seems way low compared to what I keep seeing. And it's too late to call Traxxion to double check.

Does that seem correct?

160 is way too low.... should be 98 without springs per Yammy, Race Tech and Sonic. Perhaps Traxxion cartridges may have some special requirement, but I am skeptical of going to 160.......

No.. Yer just a Mexican.

Cheap shot delivered

It's the measurement from the top of the leg to the oil level A.J. So 160 MM is actually lower

Last edited by a moderator:
No.. Yer just a Mexican.

Cheap shot delivered

It's actually the measurement from the top of the leg to the oil level A.J. So 160 MM is actually lower
Yeah, I can do numbers in Mexican and English. That's why I was thinking 160 without springs might be close. After the springs are added and oil is displaced, it raises the volume to maybe..........98+/-. I know this is very scientific, so don't let your head explode. But I don't remember how the 98 is reached: with or without springs installed.

Puta! If you could read English you'd see where 98 is without springs!!

I'm gonna feel bad when I sober up and realize i was wrong, if I am.

But then again..You are an import.

The specs on my GP Suspension cartidge forks for oil level is 120 mm without springs. Increasing the air space by lowering the oil level softens the air spring effect and allows the suspension to be more complient by having a larger air volume to compress.

However 160mm does sound excessive to me and I would want to confirm that with Traxxion. The main point here is that the cartidge needs to be completely immursed in fork oil at all times.

Just remembered that when speaking to Mike at Traxxion he suggested using 7wt with my omni kit and setting the level at 160 before springs.So I have a qt of 5 and a qt of 10 that should get me close enough to 7.

But the level seems way low compared to what I keep seeing. And it's too late to call Traxxion to double check.

Does that seem correct?
I the old days we would just mix the 10 wt 50/50 with a 5 wt to get 7.5 wt. Did it all the time with decent success in the old dirt bikes.

So, what we did....... mixed 50/50 5W & 10W...... approximating a 7.5 that Traxxion recommended to Steve. The Traxxion springs come with a plastic insert adapter/guide which will occupy some volume... to be installed with their special washers....... their larger ID spacer tubes had bleed holes to displace oil that would splooge up into them as the forks compress....... their instructions said 160, so we did 160mm (without springs as is normally done). Does it equate to 98 mm without these plastic guides, probably not exactly, and probably Traxxion wants a little more air space (not that much IMHO), we went with it and it will be just fine.

What an AWESOME day! Mike and Laura, thank you so much for making me (and everyone) welcome into your home for this event. You are amazing hosts / hostesses. Your hospitality was second to none. And thanks to everyone who was there, for the shade in the driveway, the tools on the bench(s), the beer in the cooler, the techical expertise, all the help and advice, the friendship, and the roasting of the only BMW that showed up LATE! It was great to get reconnenected with old friends and get introduced to new ones. My tires say "Thank You".

BEFORE:

before.jpg

AFTER:

after.jpg

What an AWESOME day! Mike and Laura, thank you so much for making me (and everyone) welcome into your home for this event. You are amazing hosts / hostesses. Your hospitality was second to none. And thanks to everyone who was there, for the shade in the driveway, the tools on the bench(s), the beer in the cooler, the techical expertise, all the help and advice, the friendship, and the roasting of the only BMW that showed up LATE! It was great to get reconnenected with old friends and get introduced to new ones. My tires say "Thank You".
+1 For Mike & Laura

Mike and Laura,

Thanks for the great Tech Day! I had a good time and even got to moly my splines. What more could anyone want? Bill and Ray did much of the grunt work without grunting all that much. A big thank you to both of them as well. A great group of people of whom many I'm met before and even met some new folks. Even KJ showed up with another brand of bike, some assorted adult beverages, and promises to pick up women he met in York. He's the man! Really a well done event. Good food, beer and company. If you decide to put on another one next week, I'll be there. :)

Hit a nice frog strangler on the way home. Lucky for me I got my rain gear on in time. Did the first hour or so on secondary roads and then hit the slab near Erie to try to beat the rain. The rain won as it usually does.

Awesome weekend!! After yet another wholesome breakfast provided by SuperLaura (Mike should NEVAR let her get away!), I got home around 1:00 pm after a couple of shopping stops...... Thanks to Mike and Laura for setting the benchmark at a new high, and it was great to see old and new friends. I think everybody was happy. Wasn't really that much work although we got a lot done and had a good Saturday nite partay. The only think we lacked was a backhoe to bury that red K16, so we buried him with words instead......

There's ALWAYS something forgotten...... found a Corner Gas cap and a funny looking bandana amongst my stuff........ wonder who the owner is............ gonna cost him (again).........

https://4vector.com/i/free-vector-isle-of-man-clip-art_112375_Isle_of_man_clip_art_hight.png

https://www.country1071.com/files/CornerGas.png

I got in about an hour ago. The weather was good and the traffic was light. Overall an nice ride.

Many thanks to Mike and Laura. It was a most excellent party gathering. I was just telling my wife about the beef on 'wek. Yummm.

And thanks to Ray for replacing my fork bushings and to everyone else who chipped in and turned a wrench.

It was especially nice to see Ian there, walking around and having fun.

I am looking forward to seeing you all again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Mike and Laura, your hospitality was second to none. Thank you for welcoming me into your home. You went out of your way to create what was an AMAZING weekend event.

This weekend is one of those times in my life that will go on in my mind as "This is what life is all about, and how things should be, and people should treat each other." Lots done, lots of laughs, new freindships begun, great food and beverage, deep and restful sleep... it doesnt get any better than this... Life Is Good! (And i learned a wee bit aboot Canada!)

Thank you all for welcoming me into your group, you are an amazing bunch of people to spend time with.

If you get over in this neighborhood, I'd love to see any of you.

Thank you Geezer for the guidance and electronic countermeasures on the way there and back :)

Oh.. and We gotta remind TS1 to update his sig line...

Latest posts