Interest in Tech Day in Western NY?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wore my tires out the other weekend in PA. I have a new set of PR2's that I will bring with me and I hope we can get those put on this weekend along with some extra moly for the drive shaft. Going to replace the road runner horn with a PIAA Sport Horn as well. Please add me to the list Mike.
Did you fatside the rear to 190/55?, and where did you find the best deal on the 2's?... They're hard(er) to find anymore. I'm in the market and my 6 banger has a 190/55 rear by OEM default.

Yup, going to 190/55 on the rear. Hoping it will help my speedo to be more accurate. It's 10% high compared to my GPS in kilometers per hour. Tim (madmudder) directed me to Rocky Mountain ATV MC for them. They were in stock and shipped within the US for free. www.rockymountainatvmc.com .

I wore my tires out the other weekend in PA. I have a new set of PR2's that I will bring with me and I hope we can get those put on this weekend along with some extra moly for the drive shaft. Going to replace the road runner horn with a PIAA Sport Horn as well. Please add me to the list Mike.
Did you fatside the rear to 190/55?, and where did you find the best deal on the 2's?... They're hard(er) to find anymore. I'm in the market and my 6 banger has a 190/55 rear by OEM default.
KJ, I just ordered a set of PR2's (120/70 & 180/55) from JakeWilson.com for $256.00 yesterday...being delivered today.

KJ, I just ordered a set of PR2's (120/70 & 180/55) from JakeWilson.com for $256.00 yesterday...being delivered today.
Thanks Joe, a really good deal. After looking at this thread again, I went to Motorcyclesuperstore.com and found them on sale there as well.

Size: 190/55ZR-17 $164.99

Size: 120/70ZR-17 $117.88

------------------------------------------

$282.87 shipped - 2 day incl.

Thanks Joe, a really good deal. After looking at this thread again, I went to Motorcyclesuperstore.com and found them on sale there as well.

Size: 190/55ZR-17 $164.99

Size: 120/70ZR-17 $117.88

------------------------------------------

$282.87 shipped - 2 day incl.
$278.98 delivered from Jake Wilson...

Rocky Mountain ATVMC - toll free: 1.800.336.5437 fax: 1.801.465.3457 | Jake Wilson - toll free: 1.800.721.8253 fax: 1.801.465.4595

address: 1551 American Way, Payson, UT 84651

websites: www.rockymountainatvmc.com | www.jakewilson.com

This e-mail contains proprietary information some of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to it. If you are not the intended recipient you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy or print this e-mail.

Jake Wilson & Rockymountain ATV MC are owned and operated by one of the same.It came to light when I ordered from Rockymountain and the package came from Jakewilson.

The above was taken from a reply email signature from rockymountain

Updated 6-2 6pm

Updated list.........

Geezer - fork bushings and seals

Wnfjr - fork oil flush, lube drive splines

pista - steering head, fork flush & springs,

EmmtBt - Canyon cages, fuse panel & wiring, I'd like to check sag readings on the GenIII A for education purposes.

FJRPittsburgh - drive splines

TominCA - Suspension pivot service/bearings (can grease all but front bearing, if desired)

Rayzerman - V-Strom shock install.

Wine Guy - tires, horn

Bringing spare fork bushing/seals, moly paste, tools for above jobs and Mike tossed the bookcase.

Yup, going to 190/55 on the rear. Hoping it will help my speedo to be more accurate. It's 10% high compared to my GPS in kilometers per hour. Tim (madmudder) directed me to Rocky Mountain ATV MC for them. They were in stock and shipped within the US for free. www.rockymountainatvmc.com .
You actually look at your speedo?? I'm running a 190/55 at the moment.... fixes half the error. To fix it all it takes going to the darkside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy's in? Ok, have to make the trip for sure now...

I'm about 90% go at this point. CFO has provided funding and permissions... But, I have to get homework done Friday night in order to launch Saturday morning.

Please PM me the LZ grid when you get a chance - I'll be making the run via Kanuckistan crossing at Lewiston most likely.

Ray - if there's any misc. hardware or parts you think would be good to have along, I'll pair down my parts bin and pack it. No valve checks going, so I'll leave the spare coolant pipe home.

Wings - I remember now what I miss about working in Buffalo...

Our plan is to depart CowTown Friday afternoon and head to Buffalo, with a stop along the way for Stromboli at the Rainbow Cafe in Conneaut. We'll stay Saturday night with Susie's sister and her family in Buffalo.

We'll be at Mike's sometime prolly mid- to late-morning on Saturday and will hang out. I don't really have anything for my bike unless that damned intermittent Code 19 pops up again, then I'll prolly need help cleaning out the side-stand switch.

Our plan is to depart CowTown Friday afternoon and head to Buffalo, with a stop along the way for Stromboli at the Rainbow Cafe in Conneaut. We'll stay Saturday night with Susie's sister and her family in Buffalo.
We'll be at Mike's sometime prolly mid- to late-morning on Saturday and will hang out. I don't really have anything for my bike unless that damned intermittent Code 19 pops up again, then I'll prolly need help cleaning out the side-stand switch.
Oh sure Guy Andy, show all us poor folk on how to dine & drive huh?
smile.png

the-homewrecker-hotdog-guy-fieri.jpg

So the weather for this weekend looks good, with the possible exception of Sunday (79, but 30% chance isolated t-storms). Got the garage prepped, got the beer chillin', groceries are got, fire pit is loaded up and ready to go.

Ray is coming today to get his and my work outta the way before tomorrow. Billy 'Fitter should be here in his jet-lagged stupor late this afternoon. The rest of the horde arriving tomorrow, and I think we're ready. You know, I think it's good to have a gathering like this once in a while, as we have cleaned things that haven't been cleaned since Bush II was prez!
uhoh.gif

Bring it on!!

'Soon as Sooze gets home from work we'll load up and head for Buffalo. Keep an eye on FB for some stromboli.

So the weather for this weekend looks good, with the possible exception of Sunday (79, but 30% chance isolated t-storms). Got the garage prepped, got the beer chillin', groceries are got, fire pit is loaded up and ready to go.
Ray is coming today to get his and my work outta the way before tomorrow. Billy 'Fitter should be here in his jet-lagged stupor late this afternoon. The rest of the horde arriving tomorrow, and I think we're ready. You know, I think it's good to have a gathering like this once in a while, as we have cleaned things that haven't been cleaned since Bush II was prez!
uhoh.gif

Bring it on!!
Sounds good! See ya tomorrow!

'Soon as Sooze gets home from work we'll load up and head for Buffalo. Keep an eye on FB for some stromboli.

uhoh.gif

Bring it on!!
Sounds good! See ya tomorrow!
Andy, you should make it a point to stop here...

https://www.ellicottvillebrewing.com/

not only do they have great beer...the food is also great.

Andy, you should make it a point to stop here...
https://www.ellicottvillebrewing.com/

not only do they have great beer...the food is also great.
I actually got a sampler 12-pack of their beer for everyone's enjoyment! Plus one from Buffalo's Flying Bison brewery.
I liked this one...
pantious-droppus.jpg
Holy shazitts, 10.6 on the rectum scale!

Mike(s)... you guys go right by their brewhouse on Rte 219, just before I86 (Old Rte 17). I've been by but never stopped in.... may (now) have to one of these days!.... hmmm, "panty dropper".... thinking.....oh boy, say, don't give any of these hi-powered brews to Yamafitter. He might actually think it may werk!
wink.png

Well, I don't think I want to be there if Joe is going to drop his panties. JSNS.
no.gif

I am all packed and ready to head out in the morning. I should be there by Noon tomorrow. See you all then.