Interested in a Fuzeblocks FZ-1 Group Buy?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RiderX

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
As has been posted here in past threads, the Fuzeblocks FZ-1 is a great product designed by a great LD guy, Curt Gran. Clicky

I'm gaging what kind of interest there is in ordering and organizing a group buy for these for FJR guys. I'm in contact with Curt and Tony from Cyclenutz his distributor. Will obviously post in Group Buy section if there's adequate interest in getting a little discount :yahoo:

-Josh

...but I just bought two of them! :angry:

Why do these things always pop up after the fact?!? ;)

This thing self installs.... right? :rolleyes:

I too have overloaded battery posts. Yeah, I'll probably bite too, pricing will determine how wishy washy I'll be.

Complete harness for what? Could it be any easier? Run two 10 gauge wires to the battery, and run an 18 gauge wire to any wire that's hot when your key is on and tap into it. Done. Use a Posi-Tap for the connection to your hot wire, not one of these that can damage the wire:

4083968.jpg

If you need help with this the latest issue of the Iron Butt Magazine (Spring 2012) has a nice illustrated article titled "Adding A Switched Fuse Block", complete with color pictures. Subscribe or buy an issue HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Complete harness for what? Could it be any easier? Run two 10 gauge wires to the battery, and run an 18 gauge wire to any wire that's hot when your key is on and tap into it. Done. Use a Posi-Tap for the connection to your hot wire, not one of these that can damage the wire:

4083968.jpg

If you need help with this the latest issue of the Iron Butt Magazine (Spring 2012) has a nice illustrated article titled "Adding A Switched Fuse Block", complete with color pictures. Subscribe or buy an issue HERE.
I did a "do it yourself" job a couple years ago, and while it works, in the end, it would've been close to the same price to just get the fuze block to begin with. Plus the FZ1 has fuses for each separate device you're hanging off of it, and depending on which slots you plug the fuze into, determines if it's always on, or switched with ignition. Pretty slick in my book.

I used a spare 220v heavy duty server cord from work and cut the ends off. They were sufficient for running power to the block and the extra plastic protection around all 3 wires! Installation was very easy since all 3 wires were grouped into one cable.

Of course Curt’s wiring kit comes with all the wire, ring terminals, and a posi tap for a strait forward install on any bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.