Interstate End To End Rides Part 2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
    I will be riding out Saturday morning (8/14) to attempt the remaining interstate rides from the IBA list

I hope to ride down to Miami to start the I-95 ride at 7 am. I will attempt a counter clockwise "Box" around the country.

I-95 Miami, FL to Houlton, ME  /  I-90 Boston, MA to Seattle, WA  /  I-5 Blaine, WA to San Ysidro, CA /  I-10 Santa Monica, CA to Jacksonville, FL

After transitioning to New Jersey, The I-80 will take me to San Francisco, CA.  I hope to make the NAFO in Colorado, then ride the I-70 from Utah 

back to the coast then home.

Spot Link:    https://new.spotwalla.com/trip/3bab-159c95e8-2ee3/view?homeActive=1&showAll=1

I am really hoping my '08 with 246k is up to this ride. IF she makes it, she will be near matching my '05's mileage.

Hope to see some of you at the NAFO !

George and Kevin are the PNW Heroes of the day! Thanks!
Nice to help someone out Tony, whish you could have taken a little time ! I would have flower sniffed you to Blaine!

Oil and tire change(s) completed and back on the road. You're welcome Tony!

~G
George, I'm always glad to call you my Friend! Good Job on rescuing Tony. That tire looked Like SHITE!

I’ve had some time to think in Blaine… I-5 is not going to happen.  My choices are Oregon coast or home to see family in Iowa… still thinking.
The Oregon coast is very scenic but this time of year it's really slow going with tourist traffic. Go ride the box in NE Oregon and it's on the way to Iowa.

One of my issues is that I have become a hot weather rider. Anything below 75 and it feels cold right now. I may just buzz down 5 just to get a feel of warmth and figure things out down there. Blaine is cool, though I think I’m gaining weight quickly.

Tread wasn't bad, picked up a nail and ran to long with low pressure. There was two or three cups of rubber powder on the inside. Big blisters on the side wall. 

I've been there before, pulling a trailer.

Tread wasn't bad, picked up a nail and ran to long with low pressure. There was two or three cups of rubber powder on the inside. Big blisters on the side wall. 

I've been there before, pulling a trailer.
Ah - that makes sense. I was wondering how a CT woulda been toast at 20 - 25K miles. Sounds like that sucker was definitely toast!