Interstate End To End Rides

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
   I will be leaving out this Saturday morning to attempt 7 Interstate End To End rides in the context of a 10/10ths.

Going to be attempting I-75 / I-94 / I-15 /I-40 / I-20 / I-25 / I-35

Somewhere in between the I-25 and I-35 rides, I should hit the 10k mark for a 10/10ths.

A Quick visit to family then I hope to finish out with an I-35 ride. Then homeward off the clock.

SPOT:

https://new.spotwalla.com/trip/c4a9-16268668-af8f/view

https://new.spotwalla.com/trip/c4a9-16268668-af8f/view?homeActive=1&showAll=1

Sissy. Unless you do I95 as part of your 10/10, you ain't done nothing. NSJS.

I95 is for real men who want to really ruin their day(s).

These rides are taking their toll on me. Per rules, you cannot deviate from the main interstate. Yesterday, in Vegas, the interstate was just “Shut down” directed off I-15 with no detour… nothing. It’s been frustratingly! All 3 rides have had this happen now. Temperatures have been 50-114 degrees, on the top of I-15 I had flash flood rains and hit water so deep that the wake knocked both my legs behind me. Hurt my hips, legs and throttle arm. Now a rash is testing me desire to see this through.

I am sitting good with just over 5800 miles now , but these rides strung together can be a real PITA with timing and fatigue.

Tony, I could have sworn that a couple of years ago you were going to start taking it easy on the bike.  Shorter, prettier rides, that sort of thing.  Well, I guess in your world, maybe this IS a more relaxed ride.  You are a stud.

These rides are taking their toll on me. Per rules, you cannot deviate from the main interstate. Yesterday, in Vegas, the interstate was just “Shut down” directed off I-15 with no detour… nothing. It’s been frustratingly! All 3 rides have had this happen now. Temperatures have been 50-114 degrees, on the top of I-15 I had flash flood rains and hit water so deep that the wake knocked both my legs behind me. Hurt my hips, legs and throttle arm. Now a rash is testing me desire to see this through.

I am sitting good with just over 5800 miles now , but these rides strung together can be a real PITA with timing and fatigue.
Did you stop? The spotwalla looks like you're stuck around Barstow, CA

Did you stop? The spotwalla looks like you're stuck around Barstow, CA
The I-40 is a tough ride with the bridge detour in Memphis. Same mileage as a 50cc, but 10 hours less to do it. I needed a big rest to catch up logs, attend injuries and clean gear. Midnight start tonight. Plan is to ride at least 1700 miles, take a 2 hour nap, then complete the remaining distance.

Last ride sucked! With construction and detours and traffic, I never got the ride under control. I rode 38 hours with (2) 5 minute breaks. 
 The ‘08 is begging out of this ride. Lost the horn, one headlight and almost seized the engine today. It’s the first FJR that I’ve had that goes through oil. I carry a quart on long rides. The light never came on and the bike started surging and fading. It was a 1/2 quart low after 8k.