IOM TT 2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LKLD

I miss Don. 😔
Reaction score
TV coverage is almost here for most/some of us, starting Saturday. So here's a teaser of John Mc riding it.

Ain't no chicken strips on those tires, those guys are awesome. How do they get that good, moto gp?

Sometimes I love technology. Check this 360 degree sidecar action video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes I love technology. Check this 360 degree sidecar action video.

Now that is cool!
punk.gif

For the people in the United States, the races will be on Velocity channel. If i remember correctly, the first one is Saturday at 11pm EST.

M. Dunlop seems to have found the perfect marriage with BMW. Blistering is an understatement!

On a sad note, 3 have lost their lives in practice or racing.

May they rest in peace.

Read an article today that said 250 racers and a dozen spectators/staff have died in the TT or the Manx Grand Prix since 1907. Dangerous place to race for sure.

Ain't no chicken strips on those tires, those guys are awesome. How do they get that good, moto gp?
Moto GP? HA! About 6-7 years ago, Rossi was at the IOM races and a reporter asked him if he would race it sometime. Rossi said something like "No way, these guys are crazy!" The whole Irish road race series is like a season long IOM and has some amazing riders. Real road racing... huge brass ones these guys got!

M. Dunlop seems to have found the perfect marriage with BMW. Blistering is an understatement!
My wife and I were lucky enough to catch Dunlop run a full 8 seconds ahead of the 2nd place BMW, and talk about how he wanted to get his average lap speed up past 134mph! He was burning that place up, and it was awesome to watch! The pit stops were my favorite part, its crazy how fast they can get that bike pulled apart and back together in less than a minute.

Rossi also backed away from an offer by Kenny Roberts to ride Roberts' TZ750 flat track bike at the Springfield Mile several years ago. In my book that decision as well as his decision not to ride the IOM makes Rossi.......... smart.

I won't spoil it, but someone in the top 3 of the 600 SS was disqualified.

Dean Harrison needs an interpreter for us Americans. :unknw:

Was watching some of this last night and the wife and daughter walked through and like most motorcycle racing, they do not pay much attention to it. For some reason though, they stopped and looked at the TV for a min.

The comment that got me right away was "Dad, is that a replay in fast forward?" She realized that the sound was "normal" but the riding was at hyperspeed.

The wife asked "Does anyone survive those crashes?" A few seconds later a guy went down and into the hay bales on the side. He careened off and went into the path of rider behind taking the banner signs with him.

They both sat down and watched the rest of the race. I am not convinced they are watching it for the right reasons, but them watching it makes me know it is spectacular enough.

BTW, they were both relieved when the guy who crashed was reportedly okay.

Those guys are insane(ly) talented, fearless, and sharp.

Crazy fast racing !! We've watched every minute of it
smile.png

All those guys --- insanely talented and wonderfully fearless.

STILL --- on my bucket list -- watch live in person, not race
no.gif