IOM TT 2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crazy fast racing !! We've watched every minute of it
smile.png

All those guys --- insanely talented and wonderfully fearless.

STILL --- on my bucket list -- watch live in person, not race
no.gif
I'm game for that!

smile.png

no.gif
I was there for practice week in 2014 and the first super bike on Saturday. We had a rental bike and also rode the course during the day. This should be on everyone's bucket list.

smile.png

no.gif
I was there for practice week in 2014 and the first super bike on Saturday. We had a rental bike and also rode the course during the day. This should be on everyone's bucket list.
My bucket list retirement vacation is to spend about 6 weeks to take in the IOM, a couple of MotoGP and WSBK races throughout Europe and ride all over the Alps. If I die doing it, I'll think I'm in heaven already anyway...

I really honestly don't know what to say after that, holy shite the run out is non existent, the speed insane, variables immense! my heart rate picked up, I got an adrenaline rush and a chubby and I was watching a you tube video, wow...

And 5 riders died this year. I know it's a little morbid, but I'd like to see the actual accidents to see what went wrong. None of that footage is shown on the telecast to respect the families. I think what went wrong is riders riding a 37.7 mile course and averaging 133 mph. Unbelievable. If you haven't seen the race, you're really missing something incredible.

One of my regrets is that I had an opportunity to attend back in 2001 and passed. Mona and I had just built our house and money was tight. The HD/Triumph dealership I worked for was organizing a trip to go over including sending your own bike over so you had a ride. The owners even offered to ship 2 new Triumphs over for her and I to ride so we didn't have to give up our own rides for time it would take to ship back and forth and to lend us the money to go. I just didn't like the thought of being indebted to my bosses like that.

Maybe some year we'll get to go.

Yeah Chuck, it's a Bucket List item for sure. Maybe Britain will vote out of the EU, and the Pound will drop, so it can be affordable for regular folk. :grin: