Iron Butt Rally Ride Report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent report and IBR performance. Congratulations on finishing so well.

It was thrilling to watch the IBR this year. (Much thanks to the forum for that!)

I'm always in awe of IBR riders' capabilities.

Thanks for the report and congratulations on your finish!

Any lessons learned or pointers you would share with someone who would attempt this in the future? (Not necessarily me
winksmiley02.gif
).

Mark,

Thanks for the excellent report on the iron Butt. You and all the riders are to be commended as well as all the organizers, staff and volunteers. Truely outstanding! And the best part, you rode 2500 miles to get to the start and then rode home after the rally!!

What did you do to prepare yourself physically and mentally? Oops, mentally, probably few people in their right mind would even consider such a ride! LOL

Thanks

John

Good read there, nice insight on some of the bonuses there. That's a heck of a ride, across the country four times plus extra tooling around! The picture of you with the hair is one of my favorite pics from the rally. You look frazzled but like you are having a blast. Amazing stuff to be able to overcome a major mechanical problem, lose 9 hours of the rally, and still make it back in time and collect enough points to finish. Good stuff!

Good job, great ride, very interesting to read of your experience, thanks for posting your story.

I can still remember the '07 start when it rained for what seemed like days.

Completing an IBR is a life changer!