Iron Butt Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian FJR

Canadian FJR
Reaction score
When discussing the Iron Butt Rally, I have heard the term Gold Medal finisher and Silver Medal finisher. What does this mean? I know that the folks listed with this type of finish did not win overall for those specific years.

Canadian FJR

When discussing the Iron Butt Rally, I have heard the term Gold Medal finisher and Silver Medal finisher. What does this mean? I know that the folks listed with this type of finish did not win overall for those specific years.
You can ask Thane Siliker at the ALDERs Rally. He is a Gold Medal finisher. (Shameless plug for ALDERs Rally!) :unsure: :rolleyes:

gypsy

There are point levels for finishing. If one gets the bare minimum of points they are a "finisher" and didn't DNF. Silver is higher and Gold Above that. Besides medal finishing there's the competition for standings.

IIRC.......

IIRC.......

Chortle. We all know how you read yourself to sleep these days. I bet your Harry Potter books are feeling neglected. ;)
IIRC means I read it once, but can't frickin' remember for sure. Knowing there are a few folks with IBA numbers 300 or lower....IIRC....is hedging one's bets.

I did read Higdon's 2005 and 2003 dispatches again this week though. The Red Pill or the Blue Pill?

Higdon.... didn't he write an online marathon training guide... crazy old fart that can run forever.
That would be Hal Higdon. Bob Higdon's the IBA scribe...or used to be. I'm not sure who's writing this year but I believe Bob has reliquished those duties. That's too bad if true as he's a hell of a writer.