Iron Butt to support Make a Wish

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
Sunday June 11 a Butt Burner Gold run to help raise money for the Magic Moments foundation. The run is set for Birmingham, Al. to Nashville, to Dallas back to B'ham.

For more info:

Clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
Bama Cop from this forum has updated me with other info on this ride. He said he approached the organizer for this ride to try to increase the funding for Magic Moments with more riders and the guy was a real ass-hat. He appearantly wants ALL the credit for the ride when we are looking to help a little girl (I think someone lost sight of the BIG PICTURE).

Anyway, Bama Cop is now trying to organize a second ride (probable diff route/ day) to support Magic Moments. If anyone is interested or has suggestions on putting a fund drive together, please speak-up or PM me or Bama cop.

how bout an fjr forum contest/fund raiser...

i'm thinking each rider volunteer an amount per mile that you ride/rode your new fjr1300 home... all model years can play... all an honest competion...

for me, 600 miles @ .10 mile would be $60.00...

the rider sets the rate they can afford, and then posts up...

no shame about miles or amount, just a gimmick to contribute...

besides, you SAVED so much buying your fjr at d&h, you might as well share the wealth...

dana

Don't worry about it. Bottom line is if the girl gets help. Along the way, have the satifaction of knowing that the guy organizing it is (mostly) clueless since he doesn't even know the right term for a 1500-miles-in-under-24-hours ride. Yes, it's known as a BBG, but "Butt" isn't in the term.

Sorry Bounce looks like that was my stupidity. It was listed as "BUN"

D&H is in my backyard, but I didn't know about them until I joined this forum. from the posted prices I could have saved about $900-$1000 over my price and I thought that was a good deal.

I like your Idea. My ride home, IF I do a straight line, will be around 50 miles.

If I can arrange it I am going to try to ride w/ Bamacop. Ya think it would be a good break in for the FJ.

Honestly, I don't think I am personally capable of the 1500 right now. I am sure I could do the 1000 on a new stock bike, but the extra 500 may be more than I can handle, but I won't know till I get there though.

Lets hear from the experts...What MPH do you have to average to do 1500? 90+?

For every BunBurner 1500 I have accomplished (and over the years, that's quite a number of them), I average a consistant 62.5 mph.

:D

DISCLAIMER: I'm no expert.

Having said that, I did complete a BBG last summer and averaged just over 67mph. Keep in mind, this wasn't the most difficult route...almost all slab. Curves and hills would have changed my average considerably.

Gotta go with Dale's answer on this one. It's not a race, anything less than 24 hours accomplishes nothing toward your certification; not even bragging rights.