Irvine, CA BikeBatts.com

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCML

Not All Who Wander Are Lost
Reaction score
When my WestCo recently, and suddenly, failed I did some research and settled on the MotoBatt MBT12B4 as spec'd for the FJR on the Pashnit site and ordered one through Amazon. Subsequently, a bit more research here on the Forum convinced me that I should have gone with the more powerful MBT14B4. Unfortunately, my order had been processed and shipped too quickly for me to make a change. That was annoying but it's hard to complain about expedited service. It turned out, though, that the vendor through Amazon's store-front was a place here in SoCal called BikeBatts and, while arranging an exchange, I got to know the owner, Tim Hughes. Tim ended up driving up this way this morning on his way north and we did the exchange in person 5 miles from my home. Tim's commitment to customer satisfaction is top notch.

I have zero affiliation with BikeBatts other than being a one-time customer but, based on that experience, I recommend that you check them out if you need a battery.

Tim Hughes - Bike Batts Dot Com

BikeBatts

8 McClaren

Unit Q

Irvine, CA 92618

Also, for those who may be interested, BikeBatts also carries the SuperB line of Lithium-ion batteries which are being used, among other places, by the Ducati racing team (supplied, I believe, by BikeBatts) and Tim and I discussed putting together a group buy here for some of those. If you are interested in that possibility PM me and we will see what can be worked out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found Tim's services several years ago and have bought many batteries from him for my motorcycles and my ATV's. He has always gone out of his way to call me after I have ordered and offered me more options that perhaps I wasn't aware. They're usually better and sometimes less expensive. He really knows the ins and outs of battery manufacturing and who's got what. If I know I'm going to be needing a battery, he's my first call and he ships lightning fast.