Is Laam seat still in business?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikerider

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to order a Laam seat, I guess.

- I submitted the web form on laamseats.com back in Dec 2014, then I called to leave several voice msgs to (530) 282-5226 (as listed on his web site) and never got any answer.

- Then I kind of forget about it until March 2015 and I called that number again. A lady picked up and I told her my name, she went through some papers on her site and said "oh yes, I got your form here". Never said why I was never contacted. She then told me that my build date will be April 22.

- Today, I packed up my seat. To be sure, I called that number again to confirm before I send it out. Some other lady picked up the phone and said that it's a cell phone and she doesn't know anything about seats and told me that she took my message and will have the other lady call me back. I asked to speak with Seth and she doesn't know who Seth is.

Did anybody successfully contact Seth recently (like within a month)? I really like to have a seat built based on all the reviews here. It's really not supposed to be this hard, I think, to do business with anybody.

Anything else I can try or should I give up? :)

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he is going through some growing pains

I had some problems as well

Good luck

If this is so hard when I'm trying to give him business, I can imagine how the 'after sale' support will be: probably 0 :)

Also trying Russell. Got an email reply within 5 minutes. Will probably go to Russell now.

I found the best way to contact Seth Laam was later in the evening (6 - 7 pm), remembering that he was on Pacific time and I was on Central time. Think that is when he has more time to answer the phone.

No regrets about the quality of his work and getting more comfortable the more I ride it.

Try calling or send a text to 530-351-5643.
Thanks for the info. Got a call from Seth. I will ship my seat out next week.
He saw your post about talking to Russell.
Haha! Yes, he may be monitoring this forum :)

The price difference between Russell and Laam is minimal (as I'll be getting a Sport model seat from Russell if I go that route to keep the stock height and I'm doing the front only). The only thing is the build date for Russell will be in July, instead of this month. Again, I'm not in a rush. Just want to get it done :)

I am scheduled for a ride-in with Seth just before the FODS 15 rally. I called him twice to set it up and he answered both times. Nicest guy in the world when you do get ahold of him. He has discount rooms set up at the Best Western in Redding for all his ride-in customers so I took advantage of that and made my res. Looking forward to a cozy ride in to Cedar City afterwards to meet a lot of new peeps.

When I finally talked to him, he's definitely very easy to talk to, no doubt about that. Now you got me thinking of doing a ride in... I should be able to do it in 4 days from los Angeles, taking it easy...ummmm... If I can take off from work... ;-)

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/162263-laam-seat-question/

I've got mine for a month or so, it's great. I couldn't last an hour on the stock seat before starting to adjust positions. Seth said he wants the rider to forget what he's sitting on; mission accomplished. But I also had to learn patience and trust it'd be worth the wait. Shouldn't be this difficult but once I spoke with him a couple of times I felt all would work out and it did. Good luck

My brother just got a Laam modded seat for his Thunderbird,it took a while but from the time Seth called him for final info to him getting it back was only about 5 days.Jeff

Best way to get a hold of him is his cell number. He is a stand up guy. Called me a couple of times to give me updates on the progress. I also had him install a Utopia backrest that he did free of charge..

seats_zpstvnj331l.jpg

Yes, he's very easy to talk to, once I got a hold of him :)

When I text or call him on the number here given by MCRIDER007 (thank you!), Seth always text or answer me back almost immediately.

The number listed on his web site must not be in use...

Will send my seat to him next week!

Thank you all!

Seth is a great guy to work with, but he is VERY busy. I was out there a last week on vacation and he adjusted my seat for me. It's pretty much a one man show as he just has a full time secretary (that seems to overbook him as he says) and one guy that helps part time. Tons of seats in the works when I was there, lol. Cell is definitely the best way go get ahold of him directly. He usually just gives that to customers and doesn't like to publish it. The number on the website I believe is the land line. After sale support is great too, you just have to be patient. I adjusted my seat 3 times, no charge. Didn't even charge me the return shipping on the first two (third was when I went in in person).

Status
Not open for further replies.