Is Laam seat still in business?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: things are going fine!

- yesterday when I called USPS, I guess it was on its way to be redelivered, so their computer hasn't shown. I got a notice this morning from USPS saying that it was redelivered @ 3.36pm yesterday so it was good.

- I just got a call from Seth going over the details (my weight, height and how I want it made etc...) and he's working on it!

Things are going well now! Will update.

Thank you all!
mike-

PS: I didn't forget: please feel free to PM me whenever you are around Los Angeles area and I'll buy you beer (or beers, if you like)
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be worth the wait, I sent my seats and backrest to Seth in early February. There were some long gaps in between hearing from Seth as he had over 50 seats even then.I got my seats back in a couple weeks but no backrest. We were on a cruise for eight days with no cell phone service, when I got home I still hadn't heard back after multiple messages. When I finally spoke with Seth he apologized, it had been left on the shelf. He didn't charge me for recovering the backrest, I got it back mid March. The seats are perfect, no discomfort. My son likes the back, no more sliding.

Glad to hear things are moving forward. Maybe Seth will be able to make enough money to pay someone take the admin part over so he can concentrate on doing what he does best. I like to see small businesses make it.

Do a ride-in? Yeah, great, push back everyone else on the waiting list at least another day. Inconsiderate bass turds for being in your way, ain't they?
FYI: I scheduled my ride-in 4 months ago, so I would say I've waited just as long or, I'm sure, longer than the other 50 customers waiting to get their seats, so that would be considered "bumping those that are already waiting"? Hmmm.

I don't know how Seth does it, but at Russell, a Ride-In doesn't get you a quicker date, and does cost an extra $80. So no one is bumped from the line. Russell builds a limited number of ride-in slots into the production schedule. Once they are gone you are SOL.

i just got an email for LAAM seats, letting me know that i could ship my seat in at the end of may...ummm ok. There website says 3 day turn around, i thought it said 5, from others that i have talked to this has not been true for a long time which leads me think he should get help or better administration, or that he just doesn't care, or that he is making false claims to get work. I understand being quality and taking your time but hanging people for more than the time you said or claim is not cool.

Last update:

- Wed, Seth called me to get my weight/height/preferences of my seat. It was pleasant. I gave him my visa info the same day with a note asking him to add $10 more to the total cost to buy himself a couple of beers as my token of appreciation.

- Thu. I saw a charge from Laam shown up on visa so I kind of know I was close. I didn't call him or text him as I didn't want to bother him.

- Today Seth gave me a nice surprise. I found a UPS package sitting in front of my house before lunch time and it's the new seat!!!

- Gave it a quick test and it was way better than stock for sure!!!

NpSaiRZl.jpg

Vs1GIYLl.jpg

poCueB7l.jpg

Glad to see you got the seat Mike. Put 500 - 1000 miles on it and you'll be even more impressed.

--G

- Today Seth gave me a nice surprise. I found a UPS package sitting in front of my house before lunch time and it's the new seat!!!
I think it's quite clear that Seth Laam is still in business, they delivered your seat, that people might want to be aware he's currently being challenged with a large backlog related to his his success, and consider lead time as he's backlogged.

Feel free to post your experience with the vendor in the Vendor Feedback area or another existing/new thread on experience with the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.