Is there a plan for FODS 2016?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't Jim ride one a dem that Tenairie type thangs? I bet Fred will do jes fine.
Me, whenever I'm in dirt...it means something went wrong or I went where airboss told me not to go...and ended up leading a group ride up a gravel hill climb near Starved Rock SP. Some followed...some said nuh-uh.

oops.

biggrin.png
yeah Jim has an S10, also has a couple smaller/lighter bikes to play in the dirt.

Jim is pretty focused on the DR650 at this point...that S10 - I think would look real nice repainted to match my DRZ...especially if it's sitting next to my DRZ in my garage.

The best part about dual sport riding in WV is there are so many linking roads and trails. If you get to a part you're not comfortable with, (or find a locked gate), there's usually an alternate route nearby without needing to back track too much.

There are plenty of fun options for a heavy bike without getting too extreme. I would make sure you have a real skid plate/ rock protection tho. Even some of the easy stuff might have a big rock every now and then.

Oh cool. The ManStrom can go anywhere a GS can (with a little more effort, maybe).
ManStrom strong like bull! (and heavy as one too)
wink.png
Faithful Mi Mexico Mule II on left and R1150GS of my Irish Friend Seaumus MacTreinfhir of Dublin. Seamus can ride that heavy ass GS ANYWHERE!

DCFC0064.jpg
Is that a Crazy Davey sighting I see there?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thing sounds like it would be a ton of fun. Totally up my alley. My biggest roadblock is likely to be financial, especially for the plan is to ride the TET down and back, making it a 10 day extravaganza.

Our younger daughter has announced that she will be getting married this summer, down in Connecticut ($$$$). Although we will not be footing the entire bill, we will be "helping". The groom is from Michigan, and they will be having a second reception out there for his extended family, so that will be some additional travel. That, and spending a week at NERDS in August is going to put us into the red. Plus, my plans are to retire late in 2017 or early 2018 before I'm too old to enjoy it.

I'll keep in touch with Mr Bill, and keep an eye on this thread, but things are not looking great for me right now.

Sure wish it were otherwise.
angry01.gif

Our younger daughter has announced that she will be getting married this summer, down in Connecticut ($$$$).
Oh no Mr Fred!

It is a long time to take off. I don't retire for another 10 years so I don't feel too bad for you.

My two girls promised me they will not get married so that's not in my budget. Both of them are in college for a couple of more years $$$$$$

I've told my wife I'll buy her a graduation gift when the two girls graduate.

1290-super-adventure-2015-rsc7789-ret-flata.jpg

Bill, ------ Is that for her? It looks like something you might like ;-)

Anyway, I'm just watching this thread. Jim and I would like to join in on the dirty fun :-0

Bill, ------ Is that for her? It looks like something you might like ;-)
Anyway, I'm just watching this thread. Jim and I would like to join in on the dirty fun :-0
It's for her to sit on back like she used to when she was 16. She stopped riding with me when the kids came along 10 years after. Now she makes sure my life insurance is paid up and I have the fastest bike around.
bye.gif

I'll have a three bike garage! Oh wait you have me on that with your four bike garage
smile.png

Bill, you keep buying them KaTooMs you'll never be able to retire.

Then again, if I worked for myself (as you do) maybe I'd not want to either? It's all about being oppressed by "the man", don't 'cha know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't be the winter b/c we have yet to have one out east but the indigenous inhabitants grow restless!

Advance planners, set your sights on the weekend of June 2-6 Thurs-Mon as the primary (after Memorial Day and before Father's Day);

or as Bill will attest it sometimes rains in June, so June 9-13 Thurs-Mon as the alternate. Be advised that shifting to any alternate date will likely mean an all camping meet and possibly a different location.

Be assured we will do something; as to what will require further consultation with a certain marine for whom logistics is the mission.

Please remain calm and patient. Much like a bank mule, there is room in my simple brain but for one focal point. My current singular focus is harassing whitetails though spkldoe can hardly wait for it to soon be over! Now has anyone seen my damn gloves and rifle shells!?

Happy Holidays to all.

It can't rain like last year again. I learned how to zip up my suit to stay dry though so I'm IN!!!

Thanks for stepping up for 2016 Fods!

We may have a boatload of funny talking NorthEasterners :)