Is this a good price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, fair price on a bike given average mileage and not just sitting around. Getting the 26K service would be really nice. I also see custom seat and windshield, but pictures are not very large.

I can get it for $9500

It has 23000 miles

Heres the details.......... https://www.pelhampowersports.com/showcaseproductdetail.htm?ID=247282&Used=1&
The obvious upgrades are the rear trunk. Something on the handle bars that is covered (comm system I expect) and I see the cruise control panel under the left grip. Yeah I think that is a darn good price. It looks like a dealer so negotiate the 26000 service in the deal.

Joe
Thats a J&M CB under the cover and it has the little ports for the driver and passenger to plug in.

I agree, fair price on a bike given average mileage and not just sitting around. Getting the 26K service would be really nice. I also see custom seat and windshield, but pictures are not very large.
It has a corbin seat, is the 26000 mile service a big deal ?

Wish I knew what kind of cruise was installed can you tell from the buttons on the handle bar ?

Wish I knew what kind of cruise was installed can you tell from the buttons on the handle bar ?
You are looking at a bike with about $3500 in known upgrades before even knowing the details. The right things were done to make the bike a great touring machine. It looks like a good value as-is.

The 26K mile service has a value of $370 to $650 (if valve check or valves adjusted). Getting that as part of the deal makes this a no-brainer IMO. At 26K miles you are looking at valve clearance check, air filter, spark plugs, coolant change, maybe brake and clutch fluids, brake pads, oil, filter, steering head bearing lube/check, swing arm lube/check, If you can get a maintenance hisorty and those items have been addressed, you won't have to worry about it. If not, they may be worth negotiating for. If all of that needs to done, you'd be looking at nearly a minimum $1K investment to have it done by a dealer. or a couple days of your own time and a couple hundred in parts.

Last edited by a moderator:

You are looking at a bike with about $3500 in known upgrades before even knowing the details. The right things were done to make the bike a great touring machine. It looks like a good value as-is.

The 26K mile service has a value of $370 to $650 (if valve check or valves adjusted). Getting that as part of the deal makes this a no-brainer IMO. At 26K miles you are looking at valve clearance check, air filter, spark plugs, coolant change, maybe brake and clutch fluids, brake pads, oil, filter, steering head bearing lube/check, swing arm lube/check, If you can get a maintenance hisorty and those items have been addressed, you won't have to worry about it. If not, they may be worth negotiating for. If all of that needs to done, you'd be looking at nearly a minimum $1K investment to have it done by a dealer. or a couple days of your own time and a couple hundred in parts.
Thanks for the info.

I ask the salesman if he could ask the previous owner to contact me so I could get the history of the bike and hes not cooperating that point to well and that makes me a little suspicious.

Thanks for the info.

I ask the salesman if he could ask the previous owner to contact me so I could get the history of the bike and hes not cooperating that point to well and that makes me a little suspicious.
I think i see a Techmount between the bars also.

Don't be surprised the salesman won't connect you to the PO. He probably doesn't want you to find out what they paid for it.

If it's a good deal to you, buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats what I'm thinking but I sure would like to get the service history before I go forward.

Thanks.....

I have that cruise control on mine and it works great. The installation is extensive if you download the docs. I would tell them to throw on a set of tires to close the deal.(I can't see for sure, but it looks like a worn down back tire) Hope you have this parked in your garage soon. Good Luck! :)

Gotta agree...this looks like a good deal with all the accessories included. I wouldn't sweat the maintenance history too much. For someone to put all this into a bike, I doubt the PO would skip out on the maintenance of it. Face it, all you're really looking at is oil changes, one air filter and two sets of plugs. The bike is new enough that brake / clutch fluid flushes are a non-issue as well as coolant.

Get the dealer to throw in a valve check and you've got a nice bike.

Good luck!

--G

I'd buy it but I would try to negotiate a Valve check/adjustment. If they say no but everything else looks good...GO FOR IT!.

Bill

That's a smokin deal. I wouldn't sell my 2009 for that and I don't even have the factory rear box or MC Cruise.

Bought my 08 with 22k miles on it and about $400 in extras for $7,000 this mid-September. I got a great deal from an individual. Fall is a great time to buy bikes in MN for a good price, otherwise they sit in their garage until May.

I'm puzzeled. :unsure: When I bought my bike in 07 (Black cherry, Sweet!)it was the first one delivered to town and I was glad to pay full MSRP for it! It's the best all around sport tour on the market and some are trying to save a few hundie here and there. Your missing the point, and some good riding! :yahoo:

Ask if there's a service folder from the PO. If so, then gravy time!

NOTE: See how a maintaining a service folder helps at resale time?