Is This A Good Time?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By my math (based more on how I felt after doing that distance in 23 hours than on actual mathematical calculations) that's very good time. I know my ass was totally kicked when I got done.

Nice job.

Be safe.

Wow, nicely done! Advantage in Oz: wide open spaces perfect for the FJR. I'm guessing maybe the route included Nullarbor and South Australia??

Can you Aussies put in for Iron Butt awards?

Can you Aussies put in for Iron Butt awards?
They absolutely can! The IBA recognized these rides worldwide.... there are already many, many Aussies in the IBR ride books....

Thug, Congratulations.

You are right "Phew", the same feeling I had when I completed the Motorcycle Touring Forum 100 hour coast to coast from San Diego CA to Jacksonville Beach FL in 98 consecutive hours from the start to finish. More of a miracle, my riding mate was on a HD Heritage Classic while :p I was on my 05 FJR. Fortunately for us when we ran it in April 2005 the weather was perfect. It was quite an experience. I hope to be lucky enough to do the 2007 Iron Butt Rally on my 2006 AE. :p

So Thug's 2400K in 24 hours would qualify as a BB Gold, if he did all the administrative stuff. I can't imagine myself going that many miles in such a short time. Well done.

You are right "Phew", the same feeling I had when I completed the Motorcycle Touring Forum 100 hour coast to coast from San Diego CA to Jacksonville Beach FL in 98 consecutive hours from the start to finish.
Now you're ready to step it up to an IBA level of effort (CtC in under 50 hours or CtCtC in under 100 hours). Right?

BTW Thug: Excellent! IMO the BBG is one of the most demanding solo rides within the IBA. It's eclipsed only by the BBG3000 (2 BBGs back-to-back) or variations of same (BBG4500 for example).