Is this a planned ride?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
I was told that a road from MENA, Ark to Oklahoma, (He didn't know the name of the road) was a MUST RIDE. A 3000 foot well maintained mountain twisty road for about 35 miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are no real planned rides, but we have some routes we printed out and handed out as possibilities. We'll bring those again this year. Friday night is planning night. See who else there wants to go where you do and hook up!

<snip>road from MENA, Ark to Oaklahoma, (He didn't know the name of the road)
Talamena Skyline Drive -- sign at Oklahoma entrance says, "Ride at your own risk."
This is a good ride. Must be careful.

Also, as of this past weekend the few mountains we have haven't been cleared of the sand used this past winter. You really have to be careful there. Mt. Nebo and Mt. Magazine are the worst.

Bring your own maps this year. We may hand a master map with possible routes indicated. Riders can use it for examples or create their own routes.

With all the swag that I'm bringing this year, I won't have much room left for stacks of paper printouts.

Again, if you have a GPS or the Mapsource software, I have the route file that I can e-mail you. Just PM me with your request and an address of where to send it.