Issues connecting 590LM, Sena10R, Galaxy S4.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalaxyBlue

Reaction score
It's crunch time, And i am all packed and ready to roll out tomorrow morning for SW-FOG.

I have been trying to pair the Zumo 590 (with built in Pandora control)to my Sena smh10R WITH my Galaxy S4. I can get the Zumo to control the Pandora when paired to the S4, But NO audio output to the Sena.

I can connect the Sena to the Zuno and get GPS prompts, But then the S4 will not pair.

I can pair the Sena to the S4, And have phone and media playback, But no GPS.

What am i doing wrong? I think i have tried every combination to connect without success.

Please help. Thanks

I do not have the same exact items but I do Have the Sena 5, Galaxy S4 and TomTom Rider. I pair my S4 to my Sena 5 then pair my TomTom to the Sena. This gives me phone and music on my S4 through the Sena and GPS prompts on the Sena and also my wife is intercom'd as well. If I don't pair the phone before the GPS, I usually lose phone audio (but music is still available).

It's crunch time, And i am all packed and ready to roll out tomorrow morning for SW-FOG.
I have been trying to pair the Zumo 590 (with built in Pandora control)to my Sena smh10R WITH my Galaxy S4. I can get the Zumo to control the Pandora when paired to the S4, But NO audio output to the Sena.

I can connect the Sena to the Zuno and get GPS prompts, But then the S4 will not pair.

I can pair the Sena to the S4, And have phone and media playback, But no GPS.

What am i doing wrong? I think i have tried every combination to connect without success.

Please help. Thanks
Adam,

Just downloaded the operators manuals for the new zumo. I really want to check it out fully anyway, as I think this will likely be my next GPS.

Anyhow, I think that the way that it should work is to pair the S4 to the zumo first (will connect in HFP and AVRCP profiles), then pair the zumo to your headset (HSP profile). Lastly, the part that you did not do, I think that you also need to pair the headset to the S4 as a "media device" (A2DP Profile)

The S4 will stream the music directly to to your headset via A2DP. The zumo will only control the Pandora App on the phone via AVRCP, not relay the sound through it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try loading the Garmin Smartphone Link from the app store.
That isn't supposed to have anything to do with the media player or controlling the phone's music apps. That is just supposed to be for the weather and traffic apps. But who knows? The users manual is (typically) very scanty.

I am to the point of saying SCREW Pandora. My iPod will connect to the Zumo, And i am good to go.

I will see is Dan has the magic to make all this crap sync tomorrow in Camp Verde.

Thanks for the help guys, And i am sure there will be more coming with these issues if they are like me.

Off to the races!
smile.png

The iPod integration is my first choice anyway. It still operates in those vast dead/flaky zones of cell phone data availability.

Fred is right. only the Sena unit pairs in stereo A2DP profile.,garmin pairs as 'alternate' pairing

I am happy to report that everything is communicating perfectly now! I was pairing the devices in the wrong order.

Correct order:

1. delete all previous pairings with everything.

2. Pair Sena to 590

3. pair S4 to 590

That's it!

My whole issue was connecting the S4 to the Sena direct.

Special thank you to my long time friend Chris Martin (Banzai) for making it happen!

Glad to hear that, Adam.

And really glad to hear that the new zumo still bridges the A2DP from the music source to the headset.

That was not clear from the owners manual.

Latest posts