It’s not you…it’s me.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR_pig

Bud Light Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
Well, I did it. Got another motorcycle. She’s gorgeous. She’s red. She’s….a BMW (ominous music plays). Pristine 2016 BMW GSA with no miles, loads of extras. Picked her up in November and then proceeded to battle COVID and pneumonia for almost two months - don’t even remember what she rides like right now. Healthy again and looking forward to hitting the (dirt) road.

I know many of you will be disappointed in me. If you didn’t, I’d be disappointed in you. I expect many of you will unfollow me - I’ll still sleep at night. Some of you will petition to have me removed from the Forum - I hope not. Many of you will secretly reach out to me about it and confide you’ve wanted one, too. That’s okay. Some will come over and want to sit on it. Also okay - I’ll let you.

Just something I have to try for awhile and then I’m sure I’ll probably be back to the trusted FJR before I know it.

It’s not you, it’s me.

🐷

Attachments

• 5AB1BCA3-787B-4C9F-AACA-5F364FDC8037.jpeg
    5AB1BCA3-787B-4C9F-AACA-5F364FDC8037.jpeg
    621.1 KB · Views: 35
Damn, been a loooong time.

It's alright, I sold my FJR over a year ago and now have two Goldwings. A few others around here have GSAs or some other Beemer too.

The adventure bike market has certainly overtaken the large displacement sport touring market. I have heard very little if any complaints from GSA owners. I bought my 2016 FJR last from a dude that recently bought a GSA and wanted to get rid of his FJR. It was his second FJR. Right now I am enjoying my FJR way to much to switch to anything else, however I reserve the right to change my mind on a moments notice. Congrats on your GSA!

It's really and technically not you. It's those darn Bavarian Sirens. They lure you in with their perky boobies and long flowing hair. Once you are within their grasp, it's hard to let go. Don't feel bad, others with more will power than you have fallen to their spells.

Enjoy the ride....

I used to work at a British motorcycle shop where the owner looked down his nose at any BMW rider. He proclaimed that BMW riders were all a bunch of pipe-smokers who wore sports jackets with patches on the elbows…..😂

I used to work at a British motorcycle shop where the owner looked down his nose at any BMW rider. He proclaimed that BMW riders were all a bunch of pipe-smokers who wore sports jackets with patches on the elbows…..😂
It's true, did you see that recent picture of SkotterG? Shit he looks almost as old as John Langdale! Couple of Geezers and now FJR_pig! Next thing you Sockmonkey will show up!

An LDR guy used to tell the story of working at an HD dealership where they told him to park his BMW out of sight in the back. Some guy came in looking for gear. He was on a BMW and after being ignored for 30 minutes and not being able to get anyone to help, he left (angrily) and wheelies as he left. One of the mechanics, standing next to E, said with disgust, "F'ing Jap bikes".

That says volumes.

I’ve owned a lot of bikes but never a BMW. Ridden many of them and they are great - you’ll love them. My FJR is not getting ridden near as much as the Triumph Scrambler and Honda Monkey but it’s such a great travel companion I can’t quite muster the desire to sell it.