It's a ticker

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver Penguin

Silver Penguin
Reaction score
I've been pretending not to hear it, denying it and hoping it will go away, to no avail. At 26K miles my 03 is getting louder and louder.

It's not burning oil nor down on power (yet).

Does Mama Yama have any help available outside of the Y.E.S.? I can go to Cypress if necessary, living just a few miles away.

If not, is it a dealer job or a home mechanic job? (DH does most of the routine work on our bikes).

Jill

You might first call Cypress and explain your situation, then since your in SoCal, I would request it be diagnosed at www.yocracing.com

So far it seems Yamaha has been very helpful to owners outside of warranty with the tick.

Unless your a competant mechanic, this is not a DIY job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been pretending not to hear it, denying it and hoping it will go away, to no avail. At 26K miles my 03 is getting louder and louder.
Have you done the first valve adjustment? As it's due, Yamaha will probably require you to have it done. If you haven't done it yet, just run it in to Rancho Cucamonga for the service. If it's still noisey when they're done, they'll probably take it from there.