it's been fun!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galxy5

galxy5
Reaction score
well folks it's been a fun year ,, riding the wheels off my '05 ,, meeting some of the nicest people ,, and some real asshats ,, here and on the road !!

I turned 52 today ,, I went to the dealership to inspect my Stratoliner as it was being uncrated ,, removed the packing and helped set her up ,, doing the safty check ,, add fluids ,, getting ready for the all important first fire ,, what a sound ,, rumbling out of the exhaust ,, I have opted not to have the bags and sheild installed ,, at this time ,, maybe when I go for a trip ,, but I wanted to be in the wind ,, now I am in my natural state ,, riding a big bore cruser ,, what a feeling

I have enjoyed my FJR but this is the bike for me ,,,

thanks for all the knowledge and fun ,,

Adios Amigos ,, Via con Dios ,,

may you have the wind at your back and the sun on your face as you ride into the sunset !!!

D

Last edited by a moderator:
Cya. Enjoy the new ride, and don't forget what it was like when yer cruiser buds start slammin ST's. Enjoy... ;)

Wow G5.. I enjoyed your posts. Sad to here you're bailing on the FJR, but hey, I understand.

Here is a toast that all your cruiser rides are fun, with lots of sun, while on really short runs! :D

Edit-- so I see that Stratoliner is much more than just a cruiser bike! And a Yamaha to boot! What the heck.. you aren't THAT far from the fold!

Rock on dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, you can still ride with FJR guys! They may have to stop and wait for you some but that's what friends are for. :lol:

Happy B-Day and good luck. :D

Nice new bike. Good luck to you. Maybe I'll run into you on the Blue Ridge Pkwy again. Ride safe!

GA:

Enjoy your new ride. I know that the FJR isn't for everybody. That's why there are chocolate cookies and vanilla cookies.

I seem to be out of riding for a while--my back gave out during karate yesterday--Vicoden is barely keeping it at bay. I didn't do anything I can figure out. But it just went...No riding, no karate until further notice. Dang!

Drop in and fight once in a while!

YT.

Well, the Stratoliner is a bike that is tempting to me too, but only if I get it in addition to the FJR :D

I took a ride on a Roadliner and it was fun. The ride was smooth, and the handling was much easier an more nimble than any other cruiser I have been on. It feels light. The pegs are high enough to have some fun too. I know I'd want the screen and bags for trips, but the ability to quickly clip on/off the shield is cool! I like they way Yamaha worked that one out.

Now that you're used to the FJR, you might be hitting the rev limitter on that Stratoliner a bunch! Wow...5 k read line! It sure gets up to 5k fast too! Plenty of power on that bike as long as you shift a bunch.

Have fun, and ride with us!

Latest posts