It's FINALLY Stopped Raining

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's been a vicious winter here in the North (of CA), so when finally we had a dry, mostly-sunny day,

I jumped at the chance to take a ride on my FJR.

Not much of a ride report, but it was a good day out, and I took some pictures.

This is what it looked like.

Crossing the river just west of town. It's running high and muddy from the recent rains.

IMG_7175.jpg

The winter sun. A sky full of lumbering clouds. Interesting light.

Just out of Davis.

IMG_6940copy.jpg

This is not just a random barn picture. :D The larger building is actually a refrigerated warehouse, with a full living area upstairs. The silo-looking part is a stairwell. (We did most all of the electrical and HVAC work on the place.)

IMG_6943.jpg

That's a '65, isn't it?

IMG_6946.jpg

Coming into Winters. (Winters -" The Owosso of the Central Valley")

IMG_6955.jpg

Just out of Winters, the hills begin.

IMG_7186.jpg

IMG_7193.jpg

Traffic was very light. Super Bowl Sunday. Drew had my number, so had he gotten into a tough spot,

he'd have been able to reach me.

IMG_6965.jpg

IMG_6974.jpg

IMG_6992.jpg

Pope Valley.

IMG_6999copy.jpg

IMG_7003.jpg

IMG_7006.jpg

...and a few pictures from up around Napa.

IMG_7021.jpg

IMG_7011copy_edited-1.jpg

IMG_7024.jpg

IMG_7034.jpg

IMG_7047.jpg

IMG_7049.jpg

Winery sculpture. For George. (Geez, my photo is an insult to it. :( )

IMG_7054.jpg

Riding days go by much more quickly than do working days.

IMG_7050.jpg

On the ride back, I stopped and visited these guys.

IMG_7067.jpg

IMG_7056.jpg

Jill (Silver Penguin)!

You wouldn't need a stepladder! :D

IMG_7061.jpg

IMG_7062copy_edited-1.jpg

Afternoon light. Heading home.

IMG_7212.jpg

Spring must be near. A few bugs have come out of hibernation.

IMG_7215.jpg

More rain expected this week. This'll have to hold me for a while.

IMG_7219.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look in. Next one should be better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic, Old Michael! Once again to your high degree of excellence, a true artist. Thanks for capturing the "Owosso horse pie" in the field with the ponies. Great!

And I'm impressed by your shot of Hopper....
Me too. I thought I read that he was on his death bed and busy divorcing his most recent wife with the help of his daughter. Good to see him up and around, much less riding again.

As usual, OM -- GOOD stuff. Makes me realize how much lush green we're going to have in a few weeks when the rain finally starts to let up.

Looks to be you had a better than most Super Bowel Sunday. I like riding in the winter (when it's dry) you see things you miss in the summer. Nice shots thanks for the ride.

This is not just a random barn picture. :D The larger building is actually a refrigerated warehouse, with a full living area upstairs. The silo-looking part is a stairwell. (We did most all of the electrical and HVAC work on the place.)
IMG_6943.jpg

That's a '65, isn't it?

fruitandnut.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look in. Next one should be better.

First of all I'm surprised that place is still standing.. Figuring it was supposed to be a heated warehouse..

65??? :blink: No, It's a Fruit and nut tree you doofus..

Good lookin' cow patty though. ;)

:jester:

Oh, man, you did it again--reminded me what great riding country we live in. Beautiful pics! You hit my favorite roads for practicing corners. Supposed to be nice this weekend.

As usual OM, nice work. The two shots outside of Winters have me salivating. Gotta get out more........... Looking forward to DV and wide open roads. CYA there!

Nice RR OM. Didn't know BUSTOPHERS were native to these here parts!

I guess that he has to "burro" in as those pony's have way more self esteem then sheep do :wub:

Well done OM! Being from Sonoma County (before I rode a motorcycle) these pics brought tears to my eyes. Made me want to go outside and roll around in the 3 feet of snow in my yard. :angry2: Looking at 5 degrees tonight...........I guess my appreciation of that first ride when the roads clear will make it all worth it. I do appreciate how much you stop and share the beauty. I know it takes time. Thank you brother!