It's not about the nail

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right there is Every Freakin' last one of the women I've ever been with!! Now, I've just learned to ignore the nail. It's waaaay easier! :))

I don't get it.
weirdsmiley.gif

Ya know, if she don't want it fixed, why is she whinin' about it?

Never understood that part.......

("She" being ANY "she" and "it" being ANY thing!)

Well, there's a contradiction we males get flummoxed by in female psychology. (No representation that I understand them is intended, only an observation.)

First, as is obvious from the clip, it's about honoring the complaining and the complainer. But we have to do it properly, which is to assent to, agree with and empathize with whatever the complaint might be about. Active listening (participating by listening, processing and offering anything other than agreement) in this context is not tolerated.

What screws up the male brain is that very similar (identical as far as most of us can tell) complaining is a key element of the female's ubiquitous manipulation of the male. When that usage of complaining is intended, we are to immediately get the message that we have not provided something it is our duty to have provided, and to respond by providing whatever it is that is missing (in exactly the manner she wishes it to be provided).

The problem is us. WE men can't discern any difference in the complaining, so we respond almost autonomically to the complaint stimulus to try to please the boss before war breaks out. The next day, we hear another complaint and we're in trouble for suggesting that we remove the nail. Seems like the same thing to us. But the only thing that is really the same is that we're in trouble for trying because it is impossible to please the female.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, there's a contradiction we males get flummoxed by in female psychology. (No representation that I understand them is intended, only an observation.)

First, as is obvious from the clip, it's about honoring the complaining and the complainer. But we have to do it properly, which is to assent to, agree with and empathize with whatever the complaint might be about. Active listening (participating by listening, processing and offering anything other than agreement) in this context is not tolerated.

What screws up the male brain is that very similar (identical as far as most of us can tell) complaining is a key element of the female's ubiquitous manipulation of the male. When that usage of complaining is intended, we are to immediately get the message that we have not provided something it is our duty to have provided, and to respond by providing whatever it is that is missing (in exactly the manner she wishes it to be provided).

The problem is us. WE men can't discern any difference in the complaining, so we respond almost autonomically to the complaint stimulus to try please the boss before war breaks out. The next day, we hear the same complaint and we're in trouble for suggesting that we remove the nail. Seems like the same thing to us. But the only thing that is really the same is that we're in trouble for trying to because it is impossible to please the female.
True words spoken by a man who has tried to many times.

If I'm not allowed to fix the problem, I usually just tell her to call Oprah.... Or Dr. Phil.... They'll at least listen to her before telling her to cut the crap.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator: