Jacksonville Logistics

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slonishku

Reaction score
I have a buddy who lives in Jacksonville who will be at the checkpoint with a small truck. He has no mechanical skills to speak of, but I'm sure he's willing to do some minor assistance, such as dropping express mail boxes of unneeded/ dirty gear or checkpoint tools at the post office, disposing of oil, yadda yadda. Ping me if you think you might want to take advantage of that. I'm going to ship a torque wrench and some other tools to him, along with my fresh rear tire, road food, and fresh underclothes for the final leg. As long as it isn't slowing me down, the tools are open for general use for Feejerites at the checkpoint.

I'm not so sure of my tire swapping strategy... what are you folks doing?

I'm swapping in Buffalo.

I wasn't sure about oil changes in hotel parking lots. Are people doing this, or going with the original oil?

Obviously disposing of oil properly is an important consideration.

Can't see the hotels going along with this, but do fill me on on what was done in the past.

Peter Delean

North Bay, ON

Thanks for the offer of assistance in Jacksonville. It is good to know if needed.

Like Peter, I am swapping wheels with fresh tires in Buffalo. I am starting in Seattle with fresh ME880s which would go the distance if required. However, my plan is to swap with PR2s in Buffalo (the ME880s will gome home with my buddy and be used for addtional miles in the future). Because Peter and I have live only a few hours from Buffalo it was the logical location even though Jacksonville may have been more ideal. Both of us have friends that will be driving the replacement wheels with our tools to Buffalo. My plan is to replace the oil with synthetic just prior to the start and go the distance with this oil. I would like to replace the oil before the ~2800 mile ride home after the finish.